A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 5th September 2020, 05:18 PM

Default Removal and refit of floor carpet anyone?

Currently on a mission to restore my A8 D3 SWB interior, seats are getting sorted, only thing letting me down is the faded grey carpet with a hole in it, so I'm considering either buying a carpet from prestige and refitting or dying to black. Has anyone swapped a carpet out before? Would i have any issue around the centre console and what would need to be removed?
Any help with this appreciated

Thanks,
Jonny
Old 6th September 2020, 12:12 PM

Check out the following two links. One is from the D3 Tech Dump collection and has lots of information on the removal of the centre console, as well as seats and interior trim:

29-Service Manual General body repairs interior

The second is a guide on how to remove the centre console (which may contain more detail):

Center Console Removal and Replacement including Armrest

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 6th September 2020, 06:27 PM

For what you have described, I'd be tempted to cut the carpet either side of the transmission tunnel, if done well you won't be able to tell the difference and could save a lot of work!?
Old 6th September 2020, 08:43 PM

Thanks gents, that pdf is a life saver! cutting probably the easiest option like you say, that document is going to be handy even if I just lift the console to cut