A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 16th March 2020, 06:42 PM

Default FS - 2003 Audi A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport

Ladies and Gents, before it goes onto the normal selling routes (eBay, Autotrader etc) I wanted to share the advert here first with the forum.

Always good to have it in front of the experts for feedback, not that I really want to sell the car I just have too many right now.

Probably not the best time to sell with all the madness going on in the world but at least I can get feedback and hold onto it if anyone needs such a brilliant car for their collection from the forum.

I am looking for around £2250 and I am based in Gloucestershire.

2003 Audi A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport

Registered January 2003 and one of the very last registered for the Audi A8 D2 models in the UK.

An excellent car, a facelift model and well looked after plus being a good specification as it’s late a late production car and was a dealer demonstrator.

The car has had a recent MOT and that now runs until 23rd January 2021.

Now the reason for selling, the bottom line is I have four cars and simply running out of room. A recent Mercedes SL purchase has meant space is tight and I need to sell one of the fleet.

This was purchased by me a year and half ago at 99,000 miles simply because it was a really good example and I could not just leave it there on eBay, it was too good to ignore. I have used it since then as my European holiday car and it’s been faultless for doing that. It has been used for trips to Bruges, Ghent, Cologne, Frankfurt and even the home of Audi in Ingolstadt. Every trip a pleasure in air conditioned comfort and averaging 30mpg.

A really good example of an Audi A8 made at the time where German cars really where at their peak for quality and engineering.

Even today my A8 is a pleasure to drive, runs beautifully and has covered 1000s of miles without problems in my hands over the last couple of years. The outside of the car is in really good condition and the interior is excellent also, no damage at all and everything works as it should. It just shows how well a car can age if it’s been well serviced and looked after over its life.

Finally this vehicle meets the emission standards for ULEZ so you don't have to pay this charge when driving within the zone.

A really great car and ready for its next enthusiast owner.

Specification

• Audi Light Silver (LY7W)
• MOT until 23rd January 2021
• 107,928 miles (will go up slightly as I ensure the car is driven regularly and maintained)
• Platinum Leather and Alcantara Recaro Sports Interior
• 2.8 V6 30v Quattro Petrol Engine (193bhp AMX)
• Automatic Tiptronic Gearbox (ZF 5HP16)
• Quattro 4 Wheel Drive
• Front and Rear Parking Sensors
• Electric Memory Seats
• Electric windows all round
• Electric sunroof
• Electric and heated mirrors
• Bose Audio system
• CD Multi changer in Dash
• ABS
• Airbags
• Cruise Control
• Bi Xenon Headlights
• Dual Zone Climate Control (working perfectly)
• 18” Audi Sport Alloys Wheels (245/45/18 Tyres with excellent tread)
• Two keys and spare fobs

Servicing & History

The car has full service history, a fully stamped book, the Audi Book pack and a large folder full of bills and history for the car. Also has the HPI check document in the folder from when I originally bought the car.

History started with Audi, then independents and the last couple of years I have serviced the car myself using the correct Quantum Platinum 5w40 502/505 VAG spec Oil and Mann filters. I always want to ensure a car has regular and good quality oil changes even if it exceeds the recommendations from the manufactures to prolong its life.

The car is even complete with both Fog Lamp grills secured and in place, plus no oil leaks as the cam cover gaskets have been done.

Shortly after I purchased the car in September 2018 I did the following work on top of a normal service to ensure everything was to a really good standard:

• Full Gearbox service by Autotrans in Gloucester @100,000
• New Front and Rear Pagid Discs and Pads
• New Bosch Aero Wiper Blades
• New Pressed Metal GB Number plates and Audi plate holders
• Coolant flush, new bleed screws and new correct G12 specification coolant
• New Meyle Coolant Expansion tank
• New Front stabiliser links
• New Fuel cap
• New Intermittent Wipers Relay
• SMD Interior LED Light Kit
• New mats to go over the top of the Audi originals to keep them in good condition
• New Boot gas struts
• New GE Megalight H7 Headlight Main Bulbs
• New D2R Xenon 4300k Dipped Bulbs
• New Continental Ribbed Accessory belt
• New Mirror Glass on both sides
• Replacement Gear Selector Knob from the excellent Prestige Motor Services as the spring in the button had failed in the old one
• All the drains were cleaned and cleared to avoid any potential future damp problems in the car
• All rubber door, bonnet and boot seals on the car had the full Gummi Pflege treatment to keep them in good working order

The car over the years has also had other major items replaced including:

• New Air con compressor, New power steering pump and cam cover gaskets replaced @96,414
• New upper front control arms, new track rods, tracking Done and new CV boots @97,955
• 2x Front Goodyear Eagle F1 Tyres @105,000

Service History:

• 26/02/2004 @18,298 Aston Green Audi = Longlife Service
• 13/01/2006 @39,414 Cardiff Audi = Longlife Service
• 27/07/2007 @57,622 Beechwood Audi = Longlife Service
• 16/11/2010 @69,524 AL Tyres Ltd = Oil Service
• 22/08/2012 @78,788 Lambsdone Motor Services = Oil & Cambelt Service
• 7/11/2016 @95,516 Perrys of London = Oil Service

Recent services by me:

• 15/09/2018 @99,404 = Quantum Platinum 5w40 Oil, Mann Oil Filter, Mann Air Filter, Mann Cabin Filter, Bosch Spark Plugs
• 3/11/2019 @106,940 = Quantum Platinum 5w40 Oil, Mann Oil Filter, Mann Air Filter, Mintex Front Pads (Pagid pads that were on the car were working ok but began to squeal hence changed)

Points of Note:

• This is not a brand new concours example car, if you want that please go and see your local Audi dealer and I am sure they would be very happy to sell you a brand new A8
• This is a good used example of an A8 that has been well looked after but do not expect perfection please
• There is the odd small mark on the front bumper
• The heater and heating do work but it can be a little slow to heat the cabin
• The screen on the centre of the dash has some failed pixels near the bottom
• I have had the engine light come on in the past on short journeys due to the car running lean, this was due to I believe the exhaust blowing and has been cleared since the exhaust blow was repaired recently but does come back on occasion when doing short low speed journeys
• Small flat patch of lacquer on the driver’s door
• The car comes with two keys and a total of 4 remote fobs. The reason for this is the lock and unlock is back to front, it works perfectly but round the other way hence I paid for new keys to be made hoping this would resolve the strange behaviour but it did not. So I just use it as normal now with no problems just it works the other way round

Option Codes

• E0A = No special edition
• 0GG = Emission standard EU4
• 4UF = Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
• 6XL = Exterior mirrors: with memory function, automatically dimming, electrically foldable/adjustable/heated
• 5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
• 6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical, large viewing field
• 1KE = Disc brakes, rear
• J1G = Battery 450 A (92 Ah)
• 1LX = Disc brakes, front
• 1BE = Sports suspension/shock absorption
• 3FQ = Electric sliding/pop-up sun roof with automatic pre-selection
• 5MG = Decorative inserts, burr-walnut
• 7X2 = Park distance control, front and rear
• F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
• 8GT = Compact alternator 90 - 150A
• 0GT = Emission standard SULEV
• 0G7 = Tiptronic
• 0YT = Weight range 18 installation control only, no requirement forecast
• 0JH = Weight category front axle weight range 8
• T7F = 6-cylinder gasoline engine 2.8 L unit 078.2
• 8EC = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp, for driving on the left
• U0L = Instrument insert with tachometer clock and mph speedometer
• X2B = National sales program Great Britain
• 1N1 = Power steering
• 1MU = Leather trimmed sports steering wheel for air bag system with Tiptronic
• 3HA = Without leather parts scope
• 8Q3 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
• 8Z5 = Not hot country
• MT1 = 6-cyl. gasoline engine 2.8 L/142 kW 30V base engine is T7F
• 7Q0 = Without navigation device
• C8C = Alloy wheels 7.5J x 18
• 7K0 = Without tire pressure warning light
• 3L4 = Electric seat adjustment for both front seats, drivers seat with memory system
• S5Z = Tank fill with anti-spark fouling (special fuel)
• 4KC = Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
• 3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
• 4K4 = Radio remote controlled central locking
• 5D1 = Carrier frequency 433.92 MHz-434.42 Mhz
• 1SA = Without additional front underbody guard
• 5Z0 = Without separate power seats rear
• Q1D = Sports front seats
• 4GP = Windshield in heat-insulating glass with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number

Photos:

PM me and continue the Heritage of this car...
2002 Audi D2 2.8 A8 QS - Audi Silver
--

Last edited by Nognar; 12th July 2020 at 10:11 AM.
Old 17th June 2020, 06:35 PM

After three months the planet seems to be opening just a little bit this week.

Hence after the worst timed advert in the world I wanted to give this one a nudge again on the forum to see if it raised any interest with the fine people of this group.

No rush to sell and would love it to go to a good home
--

Last edited by Nognar; 17th June 2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 25th July 2020, 08:58 PM

Sold.
--