A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 21st July 2020, 12:37 AM

Default Interior lighting and door switches

Hey all, first post here. 02 S8, recent purchase, po did NOT tell me about the drains, so I soaked it. All drains clear now btw but I've got glitches. Drivers door always indicates correctly on the open/closed screen, pass front door always "open"... but the two rear doors indicate open or closed only as a pair, and it fluctuates every day or so, lately leaning towards "open"- both always the same. Other issue is my auto-on interior lights were working for a while, then worked only in ON position, now they won't work at all and that i think is all interior lights, I did change the switch btw. Dash lights/instrumentation and climate control lights all good, also the overhead light switch itself if lit. Question is, what sort of connectors could have been messed up that would cause this, and are there any "control modules" that could have failed due to moisture contamination? Thanks!

Last edited by Shel155; 21st July 2020 at 03:09 AM.
Old 21st July 2020, 07:20 AM

Check the fuse for the interior lights. That causes both your problems
Old 21st July 2020, 07:57 AM

Thanks, could be that one's blown just recently to cause me to finally loose my interior lights completely, will check. But, I've checked the fuses numerous times in the past couple of weeks while the doors were/are acting up as well as my overhead int lights only working ON but not auto-on. Having said that, when they worked on but not auto-on, I did notice my door lights were working when drivers door was opened, so at that point it was only overhead lights that would not work in auto-on. Bet you're right tho, latest development anyway, probably fuse.
Old 21st July 2020, 08:17 PM

All fuses good... hmm what's this? "/Interior Lights Delay Control Module, Interior Monitoring Sensors Control Module" guess I need to find out.
Old 21st July 2020, 08:40 PM

Hmm ok. The central locking module is mostly responsible for all that stuff. I'll have a look at the diagrams when I get a chance. I had one with this exact behaviour because a fuse had been pulled but I'll see if I can see what else could cause it.

We need an intro thread by the way. With pictures. We like pictures
Old 22nd July 2020, 05:36 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Yes, pictures, and a location, and more pictures!

Welcome from me, by the way,
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 22nd July 2020, 07:37 AM

Figures 30 onwards of the attached shows the modules and associated relays/contacts. I started looking at it yesterday but got distracted
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiring Diagram 2001-audi-s8-wd-unprotected.pdf (10.24 MB, 355 views)
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:02 AM

Thanks all, well sorry to say I did already change the brake module... same. Will post a pic or two after I give it a nice shine... baring that, I just couldn't
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Figures 30 onwards of the attached shows the modules and associated relays/contacts. I started looking at it yesterday but got distracted

Oh gawd... wiring diagram... *must remain calm. Jk thanks! (that's a GREAT schematic).

Last edited by Shel155; 23rd July 2020 at 01:07 AM.