A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th February 2018, 03:40 PM

Default What are the odds?

Over the past few months I’ve had my neighbours texting me and telling me they keep seeing my car driving around and it’s neither my wife or myself driving it. They’re not massive car fanatics so I put it down to them seeing another classic Audi driving around in a similar colour.

Then last week my Dad came to visit over the weekend and said he saw my car driving so assumed I was popping out quickly. When he got here he saw the car parked up so wondered how I beat him back home I told him it’s not been moved since Christmas my dad is car fanatic so I’m thinking there’s definatly another dark coloured S8 in the local area!

Fast forward to this afternoon....coming home with the S8 I took a shortcut and i met my cars doppelgänger! FL D2 S8, Irish Green Pearl and beige interior. The only differences I saw were thar it didn’t have xenon Plus headlights, mine is now on “FE” wheels and it appears the other Guys S8 is LPG converted. It even has s similar number plate; S8 ***. I can see why everyone thought it was my car now.

I knocked on the door and the owners Wife answered. She said they’ve recently moved to the area and that’s her husband dream car since watching Ronin! I realise this thread is useless without pics but she said to knock when I’m passing by next time as her husband should be back from his business trip and I’m hoping to get pictures.

It’s rare enough to see another D2 on the road, but another S8 in the same colour inside and out, similar number plate and 2 roads away....what are the odds?

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White

Last edited by RICKY D; 12th February 2018 at 03:43 PM.