A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 21st February 2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

Talking Full post code sat nav

well i managed to pull it off I have installed TOM TOM software on a generic device and plumbed it up to the RNS-D and guess what .... It works I now have a full post code search sat nav on an old RNS-D would you adam and eve it and its using a generic blue tooth GPS recever to work off and its great, sadly my phone is playing up so pictures will have to wait until the misses is home from work but that will be at 4pm so i will use her phone to take some pictures and i will post them up
Old 21st February 2012, 04:01 PM

RNS-E allows to do it with software that ejects ful postcode database to navigation DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0pgcd4ZLk
Old 21st February 2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

I like it allot nice one is that a disc upgrade then is it?
Old 21st February 2012, 04:38 PM

Is that an RNS-E? Looks a bit high res to me.

I know.. I know..

Old 21st February 2012, 05:36 PM

It's 2010 version of RNS-E, which has higher resolution, LED backlit display and some other features. It is disc upgrade.
Old 21st February 2012, 06:18 PM

Sergey, if you have the disc. Would you mind maybe posting it out to me and I will post it back straight away once installed, possibly along with the speedcamera one you mentioned too? I will buy it off you instead if you like? I know I can download them and burn them etc..., but I would rather not, and only use an IPad nowadays.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 21st February 2012, 07:45 PM

Amar,

First of the software for full post code search is not yet officially released by those guys, so I don't have it.

The speed camera software is copy protected. It is freely downloadable from navpoint web site, but you need to buy license for 75 pounds. I can't even install this software on another computer at home. Before you start burning disc you need to subscribe to PocketGPSWorld speed camera database, which is 16 pounds per year if I recall correctly. You then regularly download speed camera database file and you then inject that database into the image of original navigation dvd that you keep on your hard drive. The software saves the modified image file as new image file, which you then burn to DVD. Of course, their software marks every DVD image with unique identifier of your license, so if navigation disc with speed cameras "escapes" to internet they'll be able to track where it escaped from and will cancel that license I guess.

So, the only thing which is easy to share is the navigation disc with extra speed cameras POI layer (labeled with my license id of course), but the disc gets obsolete relatively fast since police install new speed cameras every day.

Their software is only for PC, which is nightmare for me as Mac user, because I need to reboot under rot windows horror to run their software each time I want to make DVD with new speed camera database.
Old 25th July 2015, 01:34 PM

Just to update this thread that navpoint.co.uk finally updated their software to support full UK postcode entry on RNS-E.

After 3 years of delaying.
Old 27th July 2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Just to update this thread that navpoint.co.uk finally updated their software to support full UK postcode entry on RNS-E.

After 3 years of delaying.
I've just burnt a test DVD and can confirm the trial is working correctly for my chosen postcode area
Old 27th July 2015, 09:03 PM

Someone should let Adrian_E know, he's the master of "backups" for SatNav discs.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!