A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 6th June 2011, 09:54 AM

Hi Guys,

Just to echo the sentiments of other good ole boys here, A HUGE THANK YOU to the organisers, and also to the last men standing when I finally caught up with you in the bar at Stoneleigh.

As I attempted to explain I had come directly from work, so sorry for any embarrassment caused to others to be seen drinking with a Sainsburys employee!!!LOL

Lovely to finally put some faces to names, and I sincerely hope to meet many more at Audis in the park, if not before.

I hope everyone got home safely, and enjoyed themselves in Warwickshire and neighbouring counties.

Best Regards to all,
Steve
Old 6th June 2011, 10:27 AM

Looks like a great event again this year... Gutted I had to miss it... Still, fingers crossed for next year

I know.. I know..

Old 6th June 2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
Looks like a great event again this year... Gutted I had to miss it... Still, fingers crossed for next year
As we have met in Warwickshire and are going to Ireland later this year, we are thinking about an Annual meet in BLACKPOOL AND THE LAKE DISTRICT next year, with a later trip to Sconny Botland, to be known as ExplorA8tion Scotland!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 6th June 2011, 11:24 AM

Glad you all had a great time

Hope to come to one soon and great pics Amar & co. - gives a good feel as to what it was like

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 6th June 2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

hi all im finally over from tyre smoke, was really nice to see you all and that video turned out quite well :grin:

im looking into a remap asap as the difference was amazing driving the standard S8 and hoping into the remapped one made a hell of a difference so im sure it will be worth while on the A8 as well
Old 6th June 2011, 01:41 PM

Default Annual meet report 2011

ANNUAL MEET REPORT 2011

FRIDAY 3rd JUNE

We checked in at our base hotel at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire at various times on Friday evening. It quickly became apparent that the layout and the show ground with all its parking would work very well for our purposes - there was a bar restaurant with an outside terrace and we were able to park to the side of it on a gravelled area and sit outside watching for new arrivals along the show ground's network of roads. (an interesting additional benefit was the ability to drive around the show ground to test the cars and it was all private roads. . . mua ha haaaa!)

Those attending on the Friday evening were -

Architex_mA8tey
CtL
Reffro
Brian9 and Connor123
IceBlue8
DarrenJoe90 & Mandy
Dezzy
Oli18

So we had 8 cars as the darkness fell and we ate drank and were merry (did I mention that we drank too? ahem) CtL lived up to his reputation as a hater of children (I quote "I hate my own let alone anyone elses") and stole an ice cream from Connor123 whilst he went to the loo!!

Reffro went to bed with a bedroom full of rubber. . . but don't worry it was a set of 4 replacement tyres that he had picked up on the way to the meet and didnt want to carry around in the car for the weekend! I did just wonder what the cleaning maid would think when she came in the next day to clean and saw a pile of tyres though. . .

Singh (Amar) was conspicuous by his absence having swanned off to London all day gallavanting around as young people do lol but couldn't resist a drive-by snoop at 00:45am to see what cars had arrived!

SAT 4th JUNE

I expect you are all expecting me to say that we were all up with the larks on Saturday enthusiastically polishing our 8's before breakfast. . . erm well some of us were and some wernt lol. Food at the hotel was great and between breakfast and 9.15 we fettled with the cars before we set off in convoy to the meet up point at Coombe Abbey Country Park.

As we left the showground a D4 A8 wafted past the other way (almost like a "fly past" lol) and we set off in convoy towards Binley. the sat nav took us through a housing estate with loads of speed bumps (deep joy when youve got 25 and 30 profile tyres!!) and when we got to the end and were about a mile from the meet point we were confronted with ROAD CLOSED signs. . . damn! they were digging up and re-surfacing the one road that people were all going to come along to the meet. We turned around and went back over the speed bumps again(sigh) and diverted around to the opposit end of the road leading to the country park. This time there were some country roads and a bit of the Fosse Way to drive on so the convoy picked up some pace. As we approached the other end of the road to Coombe Abbey guess what. . . ROAD CLOSED signs again - Ugh! We drove past them hoping that we would be able to get to the meet point and finally made it for 10am and decided to try and text, phone and message as many as we could and put a message on the forums to warn about the road closures!

As we parked up at Coombe Abbey we were joined by another 6 cars to bring us up to 14! -

DaviesBike (Guy) from Tyresmoke plus his other half in his newly sprayed black S8 with the awesome exhausts
Notorius (Sergey) in his 3.7 QS (woo another one to join mine!) with the monoblock wheels and the excellent steering wheel and gear knob upgrades
TinTin and his friend Fran in his beautiful black FE S8 with the Red Leather Interior

Ainarsimms and his other half (plus tiger the dog) in his S8 (told us he had won the car on ebay after bidding while he was drunk lol)
Dave C and Maria from A8 Parts in his D3 A8
IT in his D3 A8 (aided by the above two and feeling the effects of a previous night of debauchery lol)

So. . . after an hour and a half meeting up and looking at the cars everyone set off into the Warwickshire countryside and villages on Part 1 of the Treasure Hunt, which was set in villages off the Fosse Way (an old Roman Road that runs between Cirencester and Leicester - hence its long and mostly straight!)

Part one of the Treasure hunt ended with everyone meeting at the Leopard Inn at Bishops Tachbrook near Leamington Spa which has great food and a nice big car park lol - the treasure hunt got mixed comments at the half way stage, everyone had to solve clues for each village name before they could go to the village and find answers to the village clues, and we certainly should have given everyone longer, but hey ho, its really just about driving through some beautiful villages and countryside in an 8 lol.

Amar (Singh) and Jugga turned up for lunch in their 8 (BAJ1T) and joined in with the group pics (woo 15 cars now!) and shot some great photos of the cars (thanks guys) and Darren took some more too along with a group pic of everyone as a memento of the meet. Oli18 and Tin Tin both had to leave us after lunchtime to get away but thanks to you both for coming across to see everyone!

Part Two of the Treasure Hunt set off at 3pm from the pub and after much more scurrying around the Warwickshire countryside everyone met back at Stoneleigh Park at the hotel for an evening barbecue and the treasure hunt results / prizegiving

Winners were -

1st. 38 Points - A8 Parts Team - Dave C, Maria and IT - Juicer Machine
2nd. 33 Points - The Murple Meople Eater - Conan The Librarian - Aluminium Dash Rings Set
3rd. 29 Points - Kopft Dezzy - Dezzy & Reffro - ODB Bluetooth Reader
4th. 25 Points - S300GUY - DaviesBike Team - ODB Bluetooth Reader
5th. 24 points - Blind Rockets - IceBlue8 and Notorius - Audi Ice Cube maker
6th. 18 Points - de-Chromed Dunderheads - Brian9 and Connor123 - Shell Oil Vintage Oil Can Car Cleaning Kit
7th. 1 Point! - Ambulance - Ainarssimms Team - Car Cleaning brush and Ice Scraper

Everyone else who took part and came to the evening barbecue got a Shell Oil Ferrari Drinks Bottle

BIG thanks to CtL, Reffro and Amar/Jugga for all their help in Planning the treasure hunt and the venues with me
Thanks to CtL, Oli18, TonUpKid, Dezzy and Architex_mA8tey for donating the prizes
Thanks to The Stoneleigh Park Hotel for an excellent Venue and for the Barbecue
Thanks to the Leopard Inn for a great lunchtime meet venue and for being so quick with the food.

We were joined later in the evening by RanjA8 in his lovely mid brown PF A8 QS (car 16!!) and more merriment and talking car bo**ox ensued. We also took a few pics of the cars at dusk with lights on etc.

Trophy885 (steve) dropped by after work at about 11pm for a drink so we met another owner and put another face to a name - thanks Steve and good to see you.

SUNDAY 5th JUNE

After another nice (gentle) breakfast we all mustered at the car park for 10am and were joined by RanjA8 and Singh to head off on a cruise to Billing Aquadrome to see the NSRA Car SHow.

We said goodby to IceBlue8 Jim at this point as he had to stay for a family meet up. Thanks for bringing the book and original D2 aluminium wrapped sales pack for us to see Jim that was really
interesting (Oh and thanks for bringing a wee dram or two as well ahemmmm! ).

8 of us cruised off in our 8's on the A roads towards Northampton, trying to keep in a convoy and splitting into 2 in Leamington Spa where some stopped for fuel. We were soon re-united and on our way again and Reffro peeled off to go home south at Daventry and the remaining 7 arrived at Billing, meeting up with 3.7slp Steve from Tyresmoke 8's forum when we were there and also saying hello to Botang who poppoed across to see us. Steve's bargain silver 3.7 QS took the 8 count for the weekend to 17 and after some introductions, VAGCOM checks and food from Dezzy (who was by now nominated as our tour chef) who set up his camp stove and cooked some food, we all went along to the showground to check out the street rods and american cars at the show.

Im pleased to say the weather held out pretty well with just a few spots of rain at the end of the afternoon. Everyone left the show at about 4pm to head off to the four corners of the country - CtL Dezzy and me cruised back via Oxford and then split off in various directions having got our fill of V8s over the weekend and at the NSRA show!

I personally had a blast and would like to thank each and every one of you who made the effort and were able to come and meet up, and I look forwards to seeing everyone through the rest of the year at the shows and meets we are supporting and have set up on the Diary here. If anyone has any ideas for things to do at future meets or places we should hold the meets then let Mike or myself know. . . here's to a great summer this year with all things 8 !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4705.jpg (77.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4708.jpg (39.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4709.JPG (72.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4732.jpg (28.0 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4761.jpg (38.8 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4773.jpg (71.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4774.jpg (76.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4777.jpg (63.3 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4779.jpg (33.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0064.JPG (250.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4793.jpg (69.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4794.jpg (64.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg (230.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0247.JPG (103.3 KB, 137 views)

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 8th June 2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Embed Pics
Old 6th June 2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

i enjoyed it so much that all i can say is well done to the people behind the scenes and Roll ON AUGUST 12th Germany hear we come !!!!!!!
Old 6th June 2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
i enjoyed it so much that all i can say is well done to the people behind the scenes and Roll ON AUGUST 12th Germany hear we come !!!!!!!
Good Man!!

We'll sort out ferry times etc in the next couple of weeks no doubt. You'll need to book a room at the hotel in Edersee and Adenau. If you need help we should be able provide some assistance.
Old 6th June 2011, 05:21 PM

Couple of links to our pics, some very similar to those already seen and I haven't bothered to edit for content or quality so you might nod off at some point, though I must say some of Connor's attempts with my old camera using a stone as a tripod are actually pretty good

Billing Aquadrome here

A8/S8 meet here

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 6th June 2011, 08:27 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Can't add much to Neil's report and the comments of the others. Great to meet new members of the forum.

Here is a link to a slideshow of my photos.

Next up GTI,

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.