A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 26th June 2011, 07:46 PM

Default GTi International 2011 - Meet Report

Another report from your romping reporter . . . .

3 of us arrived at the premier inn rugby on Saturday evening -
AdrianE
Ctl
Architex mA8tey
ahead of the Sunday cruise to Bruntingthorpe proving ground.

CtL and Architex mA8tey cruised up via oxfordshire after taking a look and a fettle with AM's arch liner which has been scrubbing tad due to lowered front suspension. . . ahem lol

Amar turned up bleary eyed in his steel box type car after being convinced to join us for the cruise to Bruntingthorpe and came along for the ride. The three of us cruised across to meet the others at the Pub in Bruntingthorpe just before we went in and we were joined by Goran, Notorius, DarrenJoe90 and Daviesbike, so 7 cars went into the show together. . .

Daviesbike's quad exhaust system got some close inspection from the Librarian . . . .

Who looked pensive as he pondered the possible upgrades for the Murple Meople Eater. . .

Various 8's were pointed down the drag strip . . . .

oh and erm. . . . Guy got trashed by a BMW touring ahem ahem . . . .
and CtL had to pay a whole pound of his money to Darren - yet again!!

A great time was had by all on a totally sweltering day and thanks again to all of you who could get to see us, and to Amar, Ben and MkOneMan for coming to say hello and get their fix of 8's!

I could be persuaded to post a video of Guy's 8 being trounced by a BMW touring but im taking offers from either side lol

Right then guys n gals - the next meet is the SW Regional meet in mid July in Bristol & Chepstow so get your names down now please and come along and say hi!!!
Dont miss it - we are gonna cruise over the Severn Bridge to a drive-in movie

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (67.2 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (62.1 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0814_800x450.jpg (69.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0815_800x450.jpg (69.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0816_800x450.jpg (76.2 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0817_800x450.jpg (76.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0819_800x450.jpg (80.2 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0818_800x450.jpg (83.1 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (92.6 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (30.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0821_800x450.jpg (72.9 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0822_800x450.jpg (77.9 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0823_800x450.jpg (73.4 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0827_800x450.jpg (80.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0828_800x450.jpg (77.1 KB, 128 views)

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 26th June 2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 26th June 2011, 08:28 PM

seems to be a problem with the pics Neil, cant see them

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 26th June 2011, 08:51 PM

Been thinking about you guys all day, was hoping to join you, but despite cleaning my car, (inside and out, an almost unknown event) I wasn't able tp make it

Hope you all had a great time, the weather was fantastic so looking forward to any picts you can spare
Old 26th June 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
seems to be a problem with the pics Neil, cant see them
Should be ok now thanks

20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
Old 26th June 2011, 09:14 PM

looking like a great time was had guys, and the weather looks great too, unlike up here where it still feels a bit like February with lots of nice wind and rain

Guy's paint job is looking very nice, think we should see the video too just to be sure

All the cars look very nice but I love that Avus Silver colour of Adrian's and its looking very clean too

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey

Last edited by briang9; 26th June 2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 27th June 2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

dam the fuel of saitin !!! could at least explain the fact that i am after all running low on power at the moment due to a faulty intake manifold witch by the way i have wasted no time it taking apart and fiddling with, also i did beat coran in his S8 :-) good day was had by all i enjoyed it and yes i would like to see the vid even if i do get thrashed just want to hear it go from the outside.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:12 AM

Great to meet everyone over the weekend really enjoyed it, as did my wife and son

Have a few pics, but they're nothing special - will try to upload them this evening when I get a chance. Would love to see the vid of mine running down the strip - Jane managed to get a pic of it just after launch and it looks pretty impressive with the back end dropped right down.

Quite pleased with the times I set, considering the boot was about 3/4 full of baby junk and I had 2/3 of a tank of fuel in it!

Traffic getting home was a nightmare and the sat-nav seemed to want to avoid all motorways - took us a very strange route which I eventually ignored to pick up the M1.

Look forward to the next one, whenever I can make it

Got in the A6 this morning and the heat from yesterday has turned a previously repaired chip/crack into a bloody great big crack going half way across the screen! Need to get on the phone to the insurance and get it booked in for replacement.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
dam the fuel of saitin !!! could at least explain the fact that i am after all running low on power at the moment due to a faulty intake manifold witch by the way i have wasted no time it taking apart and fiddling with, also i did beat Goran in his S8 :-) good day was had by all i enjoyed it and yes i would like to see the vid even if i do get thrashed just want to hear it go from the outside.
. . . and Goran beat CtL so I guess that means you kinda beat the Librarian too! I'll post a link to the vid later when I get a chance

Old 27th June 2011, 12:29 PM

Sprint times can be found here:

http://www.theresults.co.uk/gti_inte...l_results.html

Quite chuffed with mine! Looks like the times were all pretty close really.
My 2nd run was 0-60 in 7.03 and 15.2 for the 1/4 mile. Think book time is 6.4 for 0-60, but I'm guessing that's with a perfect launch, minimal fuel, a test driver who doesn't care about the car and 100 octane fuel oh and an empty boot!

Can't find Darren's times?
Old 27th June 2011, 04:59 PM

good to see the line ups of '8 yesterday, sorry i didnt bring mine along to add to it

www.facebook.com/obdworks
full genuine ross-tech vcds
full genuine vag- tacho
full genuine mpps flash mapping