A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 6th July 2020, 03:32 PM

Default 2006 V10 S8 D3 For Sale by owner

Hi folks,
After being made redundant from my job earlier this year, I have decided that I do not need two cars sat on the driveway and the S8 will have to go.

Reg: AD06 YMC
Mileage: 140,000 (increasing as the car is only occasionally Driven).
Originally purchased: 29:04:2017
Price: (to follow and will consider offers).

This has been an excellent car to own with superb performance From the V10 and Has been fantastic to drive offering excellent driver Comfort and driving refinement.

It starts and runs fine and has been maintained to a high standard along with major works to replace many components as necessary to maintain the car to a high standard. With many of these parts being OEM I do not envision that I will get back anywhere near what I have spent spent on the car.

Some high level features:
- Flat bottom S8 steering wheel
- Automatic with Sport mode and paddle shifters
- Car is painted Phantom Black (pearl metallic black Audi colour)
- internal LED lighting.
- LED fog lights.
- LED number plate lights.
- Headlights are adaptive Xenons.
- Interior Seats and door cards are 2-tone grey and black leather and Alcantara headlining.
- interior trim is carbon fibre.
- Sound system is Bose and Sounds amazing.
- climate AC system
- Air suspension system
- Miltek Cat Back stainless exhaust system - sounds amazing.
- Engine starts and runs great with no VCDS fault codes.

Some of the completed jobs:
Note: Engine oil changes every year and within 5000miles of previous change. Only Castrol Edge 0W30 fully synthetic oil is used and only Shell V-power fuel is used during my ownership.

- Replaced Parking Brake motors.
- All Brake discs and pads (Upgraded to EBC Red Stuff)
- Replaced windshield wipers
- Replaced most engine Vacuum pipes
- Replaced engine coolant vent pipes
- Replaced headlamp washing high pressure pipes.
- Replaced All 4x internal door lock mechanisms to sort out Soft Close fault (caused by failed Lock mechanism microswitches) All working correctly now. (Note: The external door handles With push button for locking the car - only one of these Handle push buttons remains operable)
- Wheels Professionally refurbished and painted Anthracite (looks great).
- Replaced CD player with OEM.
- Updated Navigation CD
- New secondary air Injection system blower and Two new vacuum valves fitted
- New Xenon bulbs replaced in Headlights, front fog lamps are led upgrades. (Previous owner fitted facelift front with rectangular food lights).
- 10x New spark plugs (Bosch platinum) and 10x new Bosch Coil Packs Fitted.
- Both banks - Carbon Clean of air inlet valves completed in 2019 (walnut blasting)
- inlet manifold inspected every year with borescope and operates perfectly.
- New knock sensors fitted to engine at time of carbon clean.
- fuel injectors removed and serviced, replacing 4 at the time of carbon clean.
- Fuel filter replaced at time of carbon clean.
- Lambda sensors at back of inlet manifold Replaced at time of carbon clean.
- Oil Separator / crankcase breather replaced at time of carbon clean.
- May 2019 replaced engine lower exhaust manifold with OEM
- Replaced front crankshaft seal along with front balance shaft Front housing seal which was the actual cause of a small oil leak - sorted.
- Cleaned radiator and condenser assembly during oil seal job. New Audi Antifreeze used to refill system.
- Replaced engine accessory drive belt along with tensioner pulley and idler pulleys.

Miscellaneous items sorted out such as numerous damaged electrical connectors replaced Along with various screws and fasteners replaced.

General condition: This amazing car has been my restoration hobby for the past few years and is well sorted after spending many hundreds of hours of work, applying Audi technical manuals and correct tools and torques. New OEM parts to maintain and to refurbish to a high standard.

Niggles:
external door handle push buttons that work intermittently at best. This is caused by failed microswitches in the handles and requires handle surgery (A calculated bodge) To retrofit new microswitches OR The best job would be to purchase new handles, these would need to be painted and fitted. All door handles work mechanically fine however.
- Powered boot lid: This is a typical D3 fault. The Bootlid motor-actuator is to weak for the application and fails after only a few years. I have already replaced with a new motor-actuator and now the same week motor-actuator issue again.
My Bootlid opens occasionally but generally you have to initially help it to open. It will close automatically when you press the lid button. Despite various forum posts it is my opinion that the only viable solution is to order the updated new Audi part From USA to replace this motor actuator. Adding springs etc To ‘help’ the motor-actuator is a bodge and I do not recommend this.

Exterior
The car is not new and has some chips in front, general general wear and tear, but not detracting from appearances in a major way in my opinion. I have replaced Several perished external trim Items (Bootlid handle moulding and roof rails) with OEM Audi parts and professionally painted.

Interior
Internally the car has some general wear and tear however does not look tired and this is because the leather seats and door cards have been Maintained and cared for, not having any cuts Or major abrasions in the leather.
All air vents and seat controls work fine.

I am a VCDS HEX-NET owner-user and can provide the prospective buyer with a scan of the car’s ECU’s for your files.

Hopefully I have not missed anything and I will continue to update this thread.

I will be adding photos to this post later this weekend.

Please pm me if interested / questions.

Cheers,
Old 2nd August 2020, 01:27 PM

Price? Not sure why it isn't listed.
Old 2nd August 2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Doc View Post
Price? Not sure why it isn't listed.
He does say he'll be adding that, along with photos, so I'd suggest checking back later (though it seems to be taking him a very long time to do that... )

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.