A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 8th July 2012, 06:37 PM

Default Now this is a cheap Maserati Quattroporté

god these are getting tempting - low miles (28,000) and under £20k uhhhhh
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/4022178.htm

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th July 2012, 06:48 PM

They are nice but I think I would give that one a miss since it's been his wife's daily drive the past 4 years and she managed to burn the clutch out

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 8th July 2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47p2 View Post
They are nice but I think I would give that one a miss since it's been his wife's daily drive the past 4 years and she managed to burn the clutch out
Haha does that scare you? seems pretty good to me for the mileage/price!!

20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
Old 8th July 2012, 07:26 PM

I think it'd be less painful to spend £20k getting someone to remove your fingernails with a pair of pliers than to own one of these as a daily!!

The robot manual is a fecking nightmare - I believe about 40k miles is as good as the clutch life gets in these. They did start to produce a 'proper' automatic and if you had to have one, that'd be the only option worth considering.

I knew a guy who works in EMC testing (actually he owns the business) who used to run one of these and he decided to do a regulatory test on it, just out of interest.......£10k bill later and most of the warning lights were out and the car did actually run again! That's a regulatory test, so think about that one for a minute when you ponder what other corners they've cut.....even a Renault Scenic will survive this type of testing with nothing more than the odd flashing light that goes out when the test stops.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 9th July 2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I think it'd be less painful to spend £20k getting someone to remove your fingernails with a pair of pliers than to own one of these as a daily!!

The robot manual is a fecking nightmare - I believe about 40k miles is as good as the clutch life gets in these. They did start to produce a 'proper' automatic and if you had to have one, that'd be the only option worth considering.

I knew a guy who works in EMC testing (actually he owns the business) who used to run one of these and he decided to do a regulatory test on it, just out of interest.......£10k bill later and most of the warning lights were out and the car did actually run again! That's a regulatory test, so think about that one for a minute when you ponder what other corners they've cut.....even a Renault Scenic will survive this type of testing with nothing more than the odd flashing light that goes out when the test stops.
Well, if it's just had a new clutch then you have 40k carefree miles ahead.....

What's a 'semi-auto' anyway?
Old 9th July 2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss View Post
What's a 'semi-auto' anyway?
Usually a gear lever but no clutch pedal. You just move the gear lever and the declutching/clutching is taken care of automatically.
Old 9th July 2012, 02:05 PM

I had a car many, many years ago with a system like that - it was called Manumatic. May have been on a Wolsley or Riley I had then.

It had a button on top of the gear lever that when pressed put the clutch out to enable a gear change.

The clutch was centrifugal so no need for a pedal.

It even revved up on down changes to match engine speed to wheels
Old 9th July 2012, 03:38 PM

the gearbox in this thing is basically similar to the BMW SMG box in that it's effectively a manual, because it has a clutch, but the operation of the clutch is entirely controlled by computer. So if you're a muppet driving it it'll sit there burning the clutch out as long as you're prepared to sit there doing the 'wrong thing' with it, until it goes pop.

From a licence point of view it's more automatic than manual (hence 'semi') as there's no 3rd pedal so you can drive it on an auto only licence.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 9th July 2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss View Post
I had a car many, many years ago with a system like that - it was called Manumatic.
Lol sounds like some kind of lady's dodgy sex doll!!