A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 4th September 2020, 08:09 PM

Default Boot not locking woes

Having trouble with the boot not locking when locking the car on the remote fob? noticed the key not working in the boot lock either?

Anything i need to check pretty sure it used to lock with out any problems from the remote

It will open and set the alarm off now - helpful
Mercedes Benz CLS 500 - Sold
Corsa VXR Nurburgring - Sold
RS6 Avant Grey - Sold
Seat Leon Cupra R - Sold
Old 4th September 2020, 08:54 PM

The lock is probably gummed up. That's quite common and likely to be a separate issue to the central locking. I showed how to strip it down in Vera's workshop thread.

The central locking could be a vacuum leak - thats also quite common. Is the pump running for longer than normal?
Old 5th September 2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
It will open and set the alarm off now - helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The central locking could be a vacuum leak - thats also quite common. Is the pump running for longer than normal?
Coincidentally, this happened to me yesterday. Needed something from the boot and it was pouring rain outside. Pressed the unlock button on the fob as I rushed out and opened the boot... and the alarm started going off. Grabbed what I needed, reset alarm and went inside.

A couple of hours later, I went out to the car, scanned it and got two errors relating to the central locking. One was the boot alarm and the other was the central locking pump over-running. Did some Googling, went outside, unlocked car and then locked it again with my ear to the boot lid, and I could hear the vacuum leak. From the symptoms, it's either the boot vacuum locking mechanism or the tubing has perished where it attaches. Not had a chance to confirm which as yet.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds