A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 24th May 2021, 12:03 PM

Default S8 Front stabiliser bar rubber bushings UK supplier?

Hi All,
I know there have been many discussions on this point for the 31mm S8 sport bonded ARB bushings however, no one has posted a UK supplier or solution that does not involve buying a new Anti-Roll Bar complete with the bonded bushings.

There should be no issue with applying non-bonded bushings since this is the prevailing design in the industry, also given the high potential suspension travel the bonded bushing was not the best idea anyway, being prone to failure.

Can someone let me know a UK supplier even if it’s for poly-bushings or rubber?

Thanks👍
Old 29th May 2021, 04:31 AM

Default Update on ARB

Hi,
UPDATE
So I contacted all the poly bush company’s I could find here in UK and no one does an aftermarket Anti-roll bar / Front stabiliser bar bush kit - so no luck.

So I bit the bullet and called my mate at the VW dealership and ordered the complete ARB.
That’s all the control arms replaced with Meyle-HD arms on the S8. A lovely car and worth every penny to sort out.

Keep up the great forum👍
Old 29th May 2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefferle View Post
Hi,
UPDATE
So I contacted all the poly bush company’s I could find here in UK and no one does an aftermarket Anti-roll bar / Front stabiliser bar bush kit - so no luck.

So I bit the bullet and called my mate at the VW dealership and ordered the complete ARB.
That’s all the control arms replaced with Meyle-HD arms on the S8. A lovely car and worth every penny to sort out.

Keep up the great forum👍
I could only find them for the upper and lower control arms and the link rods too. May polybush all of mine when they need replacing. Not sure whether to go for the standard purple ones or Black Series?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 5th June 2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
I could only find them for the upper and lower control arms and the link rods too. May polybush all of mine when they need replacing. Not sure whether to go for the standard purple ones or Black Series?
I think the black series may be too stiff losing some drive refinement transmitting more vibration through to the chassis... then again may be far better handling...
Old 5th June 2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefferle View Post
I think the black series may be too stiff losing some drive refinement transmitting more vibration through to the chassis... then again may be far better handling...
That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't need it to be a stiffer, will only tempt me to drive it harder and lose my license

The comfort for a sports chassis is perfect so I don't really want to compromise that either. Standard ones it is then!
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder