A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 14th November 2010, 04:54 PM

glad your car is ok now amar. maybe you can bring it to germany ? still got my eyes peeled and my fingers crossed for your green one !
Old 12th December 2010, 05:01 PM

Great news Amar, pleased you have got it sorted and your peace of mind back!

I live in Banbury and can vouch for Doug at MRC - friends of mine who run a business just down the road highly recommend him also.

I was going to start a new thread to say that I am over the moon with service above & beyond the call of duty from Ben who is now based in Revo, Daventry but as he has been mentioned and has contributed to this thread I hope you don't mind my posting this here?

I have to say Ben's passion & knowledge of the '8 is unsurpassed and I really get the feel-good factor from him and his team working on my car.

He had my 2001 S8 in recently for a full service, cambelt, water pump, thermostat, tensioners, gaskets, belts, coolant anti-freeze etc. along with replacing the leaking gearbox output shaft seal, repacking & replacing the n/s front cv boot, front discs & pads and dropping the gearbox sump, replacing filter & seals & replenishing auto transmission fluid.

I had a couple of faulty pre-cat Lambda probes which proved a real ******* to get out necessitating a revisit where he and his team dropped the subframe to lower the engine just to get the manifolds off to remove the siezed probes.

Some special H/T grease was applied to the new lambda's and while access was good the post cat lambda's were removed to have the same lube applied to them to expedite removal if these needed to be changed in the future.

While the car was in he also cleared out those pesky drains that seem to cause so much grief to us '8 owners.

I am quick enough to **** & moan when I receive bad service but I also believe credit where credit is due.

Thanks Ben...you're a star. Please pass on my regards to the rest of your team!

I also caught up with Conan the Amazing Librarion geezer while I was at Revo...was good to see you again Mike!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Amar... now you are enjoying your '8 again maybe we should meet up for that beer sometime?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 12th December 2010, 05:12 PM

Hi Glyn, glad to hear you had great service from
Ben. I'm going to put the 8 in for a full service myself soon. I'm defiently up for meeting up sometime soon, maybe even a Midlands meet? I think Ben said there was a possibility of doing a Revo open dyno day meet, now that would be intresting, car still runs great on both petrol and LPG. I see 23+ MPG most journeys. Still, I need to get the car cleaned up and advertised for sale as I now have other plans for 2011.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 13th December 2010, 12:15 AM

Hi Amar,

A Revo open day dyno meet sounds more than interesting...I'd definitely be up for that!

Other plans for 2011...hmmm...does that include another '8?

Which car of your is it that has the MFSW fitted?

When we do meet up would it be possible to do a VCDS scan of the car just to verify the CAN+TIP MFSW control module part number if possible please?

My S8 regularly returns 23 MPG but as I have been doing much more local/town driving she has dropped to 20 MPG currently.

I might be in/around Leamington Spa picking up a tyre very soon...might drop you a pm and see if you might be around?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-