A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 23rd January 2011, 04:28 PM
daz.g

Default Airbag light saga.....

Hi all, I've done some further investigation into my airbag light which is constantly on ,I have used vagcom to check the measuring blocks for the occupancy sensor and that seems to be working fine so the common fault doesn't seem to be the case for me....

I have got this information from vagcom:

1 fault found:
01228 - Airbag cutoff switch for passenger side ( E224 )
30 - 00 - Open or short to plus

I guess this means the fault will be something to do with the switch in the glovebox to turn off the passenger airbag - I've had a wiggle of the single connector you can see looking up under the glovebox with no joy ( the one in the cutout ), I presume this is the loom coming away from the switch.....
Can anyone explain how to remove the glovebox to inspect the connections fully or any methods I can use to narrow down where the fault may lie??
Does the switch merely work by making/breaking a contact and therefore possibly stuck in the broken position?? The open circuit bit would make sense if there is a break in the switch circuit so no continuity.
One thing that confuses me though is that I have the airbag light on the dash illuminated AND the one in the roof that says the passenger airbag is turned off so if the above scenario was true why would the main dash airbag light come on ??
Any help would be greatly appreciated..........