A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > Other Audis

Other Audis All other Audi related chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th May 2019, 01:11 PM

Default A3 1.8TFSI jerky stop/start and slow reponse

Bought a 2013 A3 1.8TFSI quattro DSG in March. I'd be really happy with it if it weren't for these problems. Just trying to find out if they all do this, or mine has some sort of fault.

Only had one stop/start car before and that was a 2013 MB E250. That one wasn't jerky at all when the car restarted and moved off. The A3 however is jerky upon moving off after restarting. It's not really bad but just annoying as I'd expect this to be smooth as per the Merc.

Other issue is responsiveness - if I try to floor it (or just move off) from a standstill, there is always a pause before it does anything. This is perhaps half a second, but my 11 year old Saab which I traded in for this moved off the instant I touched the accelerator. As it's a DSG, at traffic lights I've tried having my left foot on the brake and my right foot hovering over the accelerator. As soon as the lights change I press the accelerator and take my foot off the brake simultaneously. The 15 year old Fiesta in the other lane moves off immediately, and once the A3 has woken up, it then moves and accelerates past.

When it does go, it's brilliant for a 1.8 Auto. Getting the power down way better than my old Saab which had way too much power for the front wheels. Very frustrating though - thinking of getting rid of this and getting an older car. Two that look interesting locally:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...tuning/9520600

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-a8-4...o/183797741343

1999 4.2 V8

2008 Saab 9-5 TiD Estate 185BHP - long gone. The Merc E250 that replaced it has gone too.