A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 20th May 2016, 05:19 PM

I never really updated this, well the A8 is currently waiting a new home to come along and the new weekend toy has been bought......

I got myself a Nogaro blue B5 S4, cream leather with sunroof, xenons, Bose, and a few other goodies, already had the engine in bits for a bit of a freshen up, and fitted a twin pipe from cat back and have a set of downpipes and sports cats to go on when I can find a way of undoing the turbo to downpipes bolts that are seized on

Anyway here are some pics of the beast...

The next morning after picking it up I did this to it....

Fitted a set of pre cat lambdas and just had a general nose at what was going on under there, plus replaced some very suspect looking vac hoses, Iv already replaced the stained expansion tank and have replaced the lcd screen in the dash and fitted a cat back exhaust as already mentioned, cracking car to drive and the exhaust has made it sound so good too, with a 0-60 time of around 5.6 seconds it shifts too

Last edited by Burnzybubbles; 20th May 2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 5th June 2016, 09:20 AM

Well yesterday was a sad day, I waved goodbye to my beloved A8, new owner was as happy as punch, and hopefully gets as much enjoyment as I did, I know it'll come to a time when I'll get another one, but at the moment the S4 is everything I want from a weekend car, and as we struggle for space the extra room left by the A8 was duly needed, it was such a good car though, and the engine was lovely, it hadn't been fired in over a month and last week when he come to view the car it fired up and ticked over as if it was only run yesterday.

I think some retail therapy is needed to get over such a great loss

I'll still frequent the forum and help any way I can though, so you haven't got rid of me yet