A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 22nd March 2019, 10:01 PM

Default Today's Travel

Took some old folk from Shevington to Llandudno, came back empty. I'll be bringing them home Monday.
Didn't see a single A8 apart from mine.
But did see a truck parked on the banking of the M6 Northbound. Polis closed the M way and Wigan was gridlocked until 16:00. When I went past on the southbound there was only the truck waiting to be dragged back to the carriageway but the northbound was coned off.
Wonder why they make such a fuss, must have been millions lost.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:31 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Man on my wavelength! It seems to be the modern way for the polis to shut as much road as they can, and spent countless man hours effin about ‘investigating’, with no concern at all on their impact on the rest of the world. And then they complain about lack of resouse to investigate crime.
There was a report a week or so ago that reckoned that if all forces were managed at the level of the best, then the requirement for additional police would be halved.
The individual coppers aren’t to blame, but s**t poor management is endemic IMHO.
OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now (and yes, I’ve just come back from the pub - sorry about the rant!).
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).