A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 7th July 2016, 06:24 PM

Default another bad day.... Am i Jinxed

After the 1 month Audi Steering pump marathon, i thought all would be OK, so, after another month or 2 i have to say i am very pleased with the car, the little bits and pieces that just work give me a lovely warm feeling, its a lovely place to be, just a fantastic car.

So whats my problem

last night a car belonging to my oposite neighbours friends left his handbrake off or it failed and ran back across the road straight in to mine, damaging driver side wheel arch and a bit of door. the herbert then runs out of the house, jumps in and drives off.

neighbours son denies anybody was in the house, but there is a witness, I then give the neighbours son 5 mins to get the ahole back or i call the police, he says he will call him, 10 mins later no one appears so i call them.

go through the details etc, and he tells me i have to go to the police station with my insurance details and fill out a form. I did that this morning with the expectation that the police would be round to talk to the neighbour, but no, guess what theres a 2 WEEK wait just for them to look at my issue.

in the meantime the insurance say if i start the claim without knowing the other drivers details it will go against my policy. so i have to drive around for at least 2 weeks with this damage and even then he will probably refuse to give up the name of the driver.

al in all im beggining to think me and this car may be incompatible
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 7th July 2016, 06:34 PM

Any of your neighbours have CCTV? Might be worth asking.
What about neighbourhood CCTV? shops?

I would certainly keep an (CCTV?) eye on the house opposite to see if the ahole returns.

Best of luck.
Old 7th July 2016, 08:40 PM

In my younger days (bit dodgy these days) the boys would be paying the neighbour a visit, you know what I mean

Hope that you get hold of the toerag sooner rather than later.

Just had a thought, if you know the colour, make and model then your insurance should play ball with you.
Check the other neighbours, someone might have seen something through the window. If three people spotted different things then you could build a picture.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)

Last edited by tc4332; 7th July 2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 7th July 2016, 10:00 PM

thanks guys, ive spoken to his mother, and made it clear i will be suing him if he doesnt give up the name, as the witness will say the driver ran out of his house,

not sure how that works, but see what it does
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 20th July 2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
In my younger days (bit dodgy these days) the boys would be paying the neighbour a visit, you know what I mean

Just had a thought, if you know the colour, make and model then your insurance should play ball with you.
+1 for abducting him, bag over the head and bundled into the boot of an 8.

Just a thought, obviously you didn't clock the reg of the offending car? But if you do get an idea of who it is then it is possible for to get a paint match from transfer. So even if the owner of the runaway car denies it was him they can ident the car from the paint on yours.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 20th July 2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
+1 for abducting him, bag over the head and bundled into the boot of an 8.

Perhaps this is a job for the Scottish Mafia We could pay the neighbour a visit.....