A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 28th October 2017, 11:49 PM

it was probably one of the same batch audi bought in to show, but no, only difference i can see is mileage and i have black interior
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 15th November 2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
just had the worst 18 months of my life
Just putting selling (or not) the car aside for the moment, I hope you’re ok.

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 15th November 2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat View Post
+1.

These big diesel land yachts do drop like stones. Depreciation that can be avoided by keeping the things or selling and buying something that has depreciated similarly. I know I'd miss mine (D3), and would find it hard to replace.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 17th November 2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat View Post
Thanks mate yes not to bad now, short version is wife gone nuts, run off with kids, refused to let me see them, 16K in legal fees to get them back. plus until csa get their fingers out im still paying her 560 a month. hence the thinking about downsizing the car for a while
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 17th November 2017, 04:41 PM

Take care, nice that you have the kids back.
Good luck with the CSA muppets.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 17th November 2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks mate yes not to bad now, short version is wife gone nuts, run off with kids, refused to let me see them, 16K in legal fees to get them back. plus until csa get their fingers out im still paying her 560 a month. hence the thinking about downsizing the car for a while
Not good and so sorry

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 21st November 2017, 02:59 PM

Default Looking for a D4 4.2 TDI <90kmiles

Hey all, been a while since I had an 8 (I think the forum owner / Op inspected my old car, a nice spec D3 4.2tdi, for a member of this forum - I wonder if he still has it?)...

So.. I've always missed that car & very briefly had a D4 4.2Tdi SE Exec before selling to get a Motorhome (which turned into a nightmare). Since then had a nice spec A7 in black, which I pranged in the snow which the "Audi Approved" repair agent in Wolverhampton cocked up repeatedly until I eventually lost patience & sold it.

I'm now looking for a good D4 4.2tdi Se Exec <£18k <80k miles in almost any colour (prefer a light interior if poss) with acc & sunroof.. There's a few stealer versions about but the elusive ACC is difficult to pinpoint & am fed up of reading ad's using the phrase "fully loaded" when they're standard SE or SE Exec spec & nowt else!

Any leads as to a vehicle here or elsewhere (provided forum rules allow) I would be very interested / appreciate a PM / reply / linkydink :-)

Off topic sorry but I understand that the D4 has the ZF8HP70 tranny; does anyone know if anyone has done their own tranny fluid swap themselves here? I've done it on ZFHP28 in a Discovery 4 (nearly wrote D4 then!) & will want to do it in the A8 D4 when I secure one (as my price range puts me into the 2010-2012 age bracket - so it'll be due) - I know I'm being lazy & I will search in a sec after posting.

Last edited by Tj2k; 21st November 2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 21st November 2017, 04:23 PM

4.2 tdi's have 8hp90 boxes. Not very easy to drop the pan on these - you have to remove crossmember, but nothing too complicated.
Old 22nd November 2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
That sounds horrific, sorry to hear that and hope all gets sorted out.

Separately, do you know what you might want to downsize to?
Old 22nd November 2017, 06:36 PM

OP, I’m really sorry to hear about your troubles. In my experience women are either a bit nuts or about to go a bit nuts. I almost wish I’d been born gay.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.