A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A6/S6/RS6 C7

A6/S6/RS6 C7 2011 Onwards

Old 9th April 2011, 10:38 AM

Default New upcoming S6

The old S6 was powered by a V10 engine but the new one will have a 4 litre V8 engine with a single turbo, giving out 440 bhp!
There should be an RS6 following on after with 550 bhp also

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 9th April 2011, 11:25 AM

I've heard that, the last RS 6 came with 572 BHP as standard so I would have thought they would give the new one more then that. I guess it all depends on what the new M5 puts put. Should find out soon. Either way I hope Audi stick to a limited run of RS models that only true enthusiasts own. It's horrible seeing the RS brand becoming then BMW M brand, RS models are meant to be exclusive not common as muck like M3s.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 9th April 2011, 12:37 PM

i think they've blurred the boundaries there Amar - I guess there was a time when the "S" models were the M-sport equivalent and the RS models were the Alpinas but I guess if there is enough demand then the car companies lose sight of that and get greedy

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 22nd April 2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Either way I hope Audi stick to a limited run of RS models that only true enthusiasts own.
you mean the rich......

quite frankly out of the showroom im sure most of these cars are bought because the owners have money, not a keen love of RS models.

and on that note why has there never been an RS8...??
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:19 AM

Maybe rich enthusiasts then. For example, the old RS 4. It was an end of line model, an estate and 50k. By the time non enthusiasts had heard about the car, all 400 were already sold out. You would have to have been quite dedicated and know your stuff about cars to buy one. Rich people that know nothing about cars just buy an M3 or some AMG or Jag XK coupe thing. But now Audi have become the brand that people that don't know feck all about cars buy. My friends cousin knows someone who brought an RS5 and he commented on the V8 and they didn't even know what a V8 was
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:08 PM

No RS8? That's an easy one.

The RS or Rally Sport models are supposed to be hard-core. Imagine a hard-core A8... Doesn't quite work on such a huge car, does it?

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
No RS8? That's an easy one.

The RS or Rally Sport models are supposed to be hard-core. Imagine a hard-core A8... Doesn't quite work on such a huge car, does it?
The Rs6 is like a top of the range A6 but with huge speed, its probably longer than the A8 also.....

i think they should do an Rs8

just like i think cadburys should make a huge easter egg filled with gunk.

probably good reasons why both hasnt happened but who knows.
Old 22nd April 2011, 06:52 PM

A8s definitely longer than 6s. In fact, over 5m.....one of only a VERY few cars longer than 5m.

Zip
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:59 PM

A8 is as big as you get (bar the LWB).

A6 = Executive saloon.

RS in the 8? Nah, IMHO, it's not that sort of car

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels