A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 24th September 2011, 06:09 PM

Default my car returned

hi all just had my car returned after nearly three months of waiting .... and boy what a dissapointment , so many things not right that just leaves me with a nasty taste in my mouth about the whole episode , from being just two doors and rear suspension its turned into a saga thats almost resulted in the whole car being painted , and still its not right it was even returned to me with oil and grease marks all over the drivers side mat , they couldnt even put the trim round the windscreen on without damaging it then hope i wouldnt notice it derrr and then to cap it all just lost one of the grills under the front bumpers seems nothings going right at the moment ,hopefully will have received my meyle hd front suspension kit next week so the handling will once again be crisp just got to find someone to fit it [ not the garage who done me car lol ] hopefully will get most sorted soon so i can go to the audi drivers meet . cheers
Old 26th September 2011, 05:48 PM

Unhappy Join the club

Join the club I have owned my s8 for 9 weeks but only actually had it on my drive for 3 weeks as it mostly lives in a garage Always having something repaired so fed up and skint is there any light I'm loosing interest in something I was so looking forward to owning so ****ed off !
So there you go !!!!
Old 26th September 2011, 09:41 PM

Didn't you buy Darren's old car? Ben gave it the thumbs up and fixed the only fault on it before sale - the power steering pump or something. What's up with it now and who is doing the work?
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 26th September 2011, 11:20 PM

yep he did. Ben's doing the work. That's the problem with these cars, lot's of little niggles can just come out of nowhere. Fact of life I suppose. My wife would have shot me if I'd bought it and it had spent that much time with the grease monkeys though. Worth it though, they are such nice cars and mine was free with the refurb box I bought so replacing my knocky power steering pump should pass unnoticed in the domestic budget . Would like Ben to do it this half term but no word yet as to his availability.

Just don't examine the paint too closely, three different colours you say lol . At least according to the lasers it's straight thank god. I think it has been sloshed with brake fluid in a past life. Now has sport contact threes on it, very pointy compared to autogrip budget nasties it was on before.

Bill

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.
Old 27th September 2011, 05:04 PM

Hey singh the power steering has been changed 3 times and still really noisy! The engine management lights on !the gearbox oil lines were corroded and leaking ! The oil cooler pipe bust when it was been deliverd back to me !so it turned around ! Now that's fixed after testing the radiator is bust ! Just really wish I hadn't of clapped eyes on it !!!!
But hey hoe £1200 later
Old 27th September 2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billblank View Post
yep he did. Ben's doing the work. That's the problem with these cars, lot's of little niggles can just come out of nowhere. Fact of life I suppose. My wife would have shot me if I'd bought it and it had spent that much time with the grease monkeys though. Worth it though, they are such nice cars and mine was free with the refurb box I bought so replacing my knocky power steering pump should pass unnoticed in the domestic budget . Would like Ben to do it this half term but no word yet as to his availability.

Just don't examine the paint too closely, three different colours you say lol . At least according to the lasers it's straight thank god. I think it has been sloshed with brake fluid in a past life. Now has sport contact threes on it, very pointy compared to autogrip budget nasties it was on before.

Bill
Bill honestly It always comes when I'm skint aswell all the times the bank balance is good no probes as soon as something goes Pete Tongue the rainy day fund has gone lol it's all I can do !
Old 27th September 2011, 05:14 PM

Oh I forgot the rear caliper was goosed aswell
Old 28th September 2011, 10:06 AM

That is damn bad luck, but that is the reason I thought this forum exists to help people fix and repair their 8’s with out the need to use a garage, for small repairs anyway if you’re not too confident to diy.

I have done a repair procedure for rear callipers and had loads of input from other forum users at the time to help me, ok the repair may not fix it forever but I have got another 12 months happy motoring out of my callipers. I would even give you a 5er for the one the garage took off your car. But I bet you never got to see it. Now you may trust your garage and they may well be genuine, but it’s a cost that can be kept to a minimum by using them for jobs you can’t do.

My experience is most people and garages say oow bet that’s expensive when it goes wrong, why? Why should it be expensive, what just because it cost 50+k when it was new? I don’t agree, it’s only expensive because they see it as an opportunity to charge more because of the type of car, that carist. Being victimised because of the type of car you drive. These baby’s are not new cars anymore, far from it.

I’ve even been told in a local tyre fitters “well what do you expect on something like that?” So I went to town on him, “what do you mean something like this?” explaining that just because I drive a 2k car doesn’t mean I’m going to give him enough money to retire on. Tyres are tyres and doesn’t matter what they go on I buying a tyre not paying for the car they’re fitted too. Spotty little tw4t had a evo so asked how the hell he was going to manage with a car that cost twice as much as mine, he went on to say “it ain’t the same mate” so I told him to FRO. Bought the tyres from camskill and fitted them myself. But how many people do they catch like that?

Anyway rant over, sorry if I’ve said anything out of place but these cars should cost no more to maintain than a Fiesta in my opinion.

Last edited by Dezzy; 28th September 2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 28th September 2011, 03:24 PM

That is an absolute joke.

I notice your in Manchester. Take the car over to Unit 20 in Chester asap (link below) and have it fixed once and for all. Its a real shame that your start to S8 ownership has been such a bad one. This isn't the norm though. It doesn't take six weeks to fix them problems!! Honestly, I'd be really ****ed off if it were me and wouldn't stand for that at all.

http://www.unit20.org/
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 28th September 2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

Anyway rant over, sorry if I’ve said anything out of place but these cars should cost no more to maintain than a Fiesta in my opinion.

Fiesta has only 4 spark plugs and engine oil capacity not quite as much mate... I could go on

But I know what you are trying to say

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels