A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 1st November 2015, 11:33 AM

Still going with the A6 and its little issues.

Today was no exception, went to use it to visit the shops and at the first roundabout had what I immediately recognised and not one I wanted to hear, as I went round to take the third exit there was the sound of sloshing water and the passenger footwell ended up a little damp.

Quick google after I got back (after driving more slowly round corners), removed the scuttle cover and found it had about 6 inches of water in there. Now in the C5 the drain is located beneath the battery and brake servo, so in we go into the water to undo the battery retaining bolt, disconnected battery and out it came.

After fumbling around some more, found the drain beneath the battery, and unleashed a river of water from under the car but some water remained so started fishing under the brake servo and found that one too so unleashed another smaller river. I've cleared as much crap from the scuttle area as I could before putting it all back together.

Hopefully it'll now be dry, its to damp to sort the carpets fully but I don't think any water had got in until I went round the corner and sent it sloshing through the pollen filter which is now wet in one corner.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles