A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 4th November 2013, 08:54 AM

My stock 110ah battery weight 25kg.
I did consider bucket seats, but I was a bit worried about comfort and the lack of adjustment. Also they would really change the look of the car. The TT seats look very similar to the D2 recaros and should fit the interior perfectly. I agree 22kg is a bit heavy, but at least I will save 12kg compared to the 34kg recaros in there now.
If only someone thought to do fully adjustable recaros with a titanium or carbon frame, then we could have best of both worlds.

The service book weight was 1789kg, I shaved of 10kg with the lighter 18" alloys, and the Supersport tyres (-2kg per wheel).
I notice the previous owner removed the TV reciever, CD changer, etc, so thats another -2. But I added a foot pump, so thats probably +2.
I'm going to delay putting the battery in until the seats are ready, and put them in together, that should be -44kg in one go. I want to do it all in one go to hopefully be able to feel the difference. Also I'm hoping the rear box and middle box weigh close to 20kg together, so that should be another nice chunk.
According to my local MOT place, the middle box has rusted through so it has to come out anyway.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:54 AM

You should feel the difference I can tell when I have a car full 5 people and every time I drop one off you feel the difference the car revs quicker. I can also tell when I fuel up! Your bhp per ton has gone from 201 bhp/ton to 206 bhp it doesn't sound a lot but you would need 10 extra bhp to get the same result on paper. And some mods only give a gain a certain rpm not all the way through the revs like weight loss. Have you seen the vbox range of GPS performance meters the sport model links to your phone.
Dave

2002 S8 silver with black half leather
2000 d2 S8 in Racing green pearl, RS4 manual gearbox,
2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911
Old 9th November 2013, 06:00 PM

Thanks Dave, thats encouraging to hear. Come to think of it you're right, I think I did notice my old S8 to be slightly faster when its nearly out of fuel.
I have been meaning to get a Performacebox for ages, its just the price that puts me off (close to £400). Nice that the new version links to the phone.
For now I will try the VCDS performance timer functin (alhough I read somewhere that its as much as 0.3s off) and I could try one of those free phone apps, although I have the very lowest model Winodows 8 phone, not sure if anyone has made a 0-60 app for those.
I cant wait to see the difference. Plus I need those leather seats, the alcantara is driving me nuts
Old 19th October 2014, 09:59 AM

Hi groan have you fitted your battery yet?
Cheers Dave

2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911
Old 19th October 2014, 10:30 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfinsheepsclothes View Post
Hi groan have you fitted your battery yet?
Cheers Dave
Not sure if Goran will take kindly to being called 'groan'!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 19th October 2014, 10:39 AM

Hi sorry Goran i typed it on my IPhone! A combination of spellcheck, fat fingers,
And I need reading glasses now really to look at this little phone.
Cheers Dave

2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911