A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 29th April 2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Default is it correct that i need the analog tuner for the DVB-T to work

i just read that if i get an Audi DVB-T tuner it will only work along side the analog ? i thought you could just swap the tuner over and away to go ?
Old 29th April 2012, 09:20 AM

I believe there are 3 tuners..

Analogue - Standard on older D3
Digital - Optional
Hybrid - Standard on 'newer' D3

I think if you get the Digital only one, you need the Analogue for the output functions, but I may be wrong

I know.. I know..

Old 29th April 2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

that sound about right so the Hybrid is a straight swap roger that I just bought a Reversing camera with 5 meters of cable it goes where the number plate light goes but i need the adaptor for the Yellow Red White connectors on the standard Analog Tuner, not 100% sure what part it is so i will have to track it down
Old 29th April 2012, 09:40 AM

i just put all three in , worth it while youve got the plug off

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT29AU02-A...item255e3f5e70

this is the one, i got them from a non ebay shop though about £12 each, have i search though one place was doing 2 together cant remember how much

will look up where i got mine, they are not all equal, some have thick wires which make it difficult to get the in the connector
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 29th April 2012, 09:50 AM
Banned

Cool Thanks for that, this is the rear camera i bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-View-...#ht_2571wt_698

and i thought with the Av it should work

but on the Av list inside the car there is Av 1 and Av 2 so if there is only three head on that cable with your link dose that mean that i would only have 1 Av or would i need to buy 2 Cables ?
Old 29th April 2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

what i thought i could do is take the voltage for the camera from the reverse lights then code it so when it goes into reverse the Tv switches to Av 1 and then the power comes from the reverse lights, or have it so that its live all the time so i can just switch to Av anytime and then see whats behind me even if im driving on a motor way ? do you think i would need anything else other than the camera the av cable and just wire it up ?
Old 29th April 2012, 12:28 PM

Each cable (as per the link) gives you one AV input, on mine i have put 3 cables in, so i have AV1, AV2 and AV out which goes to (or will ) the rear headrests,

its not that diffcult to do, justr drop the nav drive down, and open the 20 pin red socket, but its fiddly so its a chance to put 2 or 3 in at the same time.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 29th April 2012, 12:30 PM

heres the pins

aux1
---------------------
video - 13
video + 12

audio(L) 10
audio(R) 11
audi0 - 9

aux2
----------------------

Video + 18
video - 19

audio (L) 16
Audio (R) 17
Audio - 15

OUTPUT
-----------------------------

Video + 5
Video - 4

Audio (L) 7
AUDIO (R) 8
Audio - 6

Old 29th April 2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

Ah i see, so if i buy 2 or 3 cables i can then use them for quite a few things and pin them in to the block, ! thanks you very much for the help i will order them and see if i can get it all sorted ! by any chance do you have a link to the Non Ebay listing that was £12 each rather than 24 odd each as i will get 3 of them it will hurt the wallet less

Last edited by daviesbike; 29th April 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 29th April 2012, 12:47 PM

im not sure what one i got it from now, this one is £14

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-...udi-a6-a8.html

try googling CT29AU02 see if anyones cheaper, im sure there were some for 12ish