A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 16th March 2014, 08:37 PM

It's a lovely car! The drive back to High Wycombe was effortless and uneventful.
It was a pleasure to meet Manny - what a nice guy! He has clearly cared for the vehicle and maintained it to a high standard.

It was also nice to see his D3. It's lovely! Very highly spec'd.

Back to the D2..... Not sure how long I'll have it for, but it will certainly not go short of the care it deserves.
It's only a stop gap car for me, but, I think I will really enjoy it and will try and find a way of keeping it when I get my A6 avant.

I'm already on the case of getting that boot resprayed.

Happy days
Old 16th March 2015, 06:23 PM

Default A year on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcjd View Post
It's a lovely car! The drive back to High Wycombe was effortless and uneventful.
It was a pleasure to meet Manny - what a nice guy! He has clearly cared for the vehicle and maintained it to a high standard.

It was also nice to see his D3. It's lovely! Very highly spec'd.

Back to the D2..... Not sure how long I'll have it for, but it will certainly not go short of the care it deserves.
It's only a stop gap car for me, but, I think I will really enjoy it and will try and find a way of keeping it when I get my A6 avant.

I'm already on the case of getting that boot resprayed.

Happy days
I put this on a year ago, when I picked the car up.

As stated, I only bought this as a stop gap car, until I found the A6 avant (4.2 or 3.0 TDI) I was looking for, but, fell in love with the car!

Having just sold a 4.2 petrol D3 because I was convinced I needed an estate car, this car was not meant to be my long term car.
However, a year on, she's still with me.
Having experienced the luxuries the A8 D3 (and D2) had to offer, I soon got fed up of looking at over-priced A6 avants with equipment levels that are miles off any A8!
So, I had a rethink. Although I have 2 young children, do I really need an estate? No. So, I set about looking at D3s again.
Back in October I picked up a lovely D3 LWB 4.2TDi.

Where am I going with this? Well, having found my 'main' car I should have really got rid of the D2, but, it still had a role to play and I still loved it.

However, the story has now turned a little sad! On Friday eve, the steering rack failed, dumping fluid everywhere. I know changing the rack isn't the end of the world, but, having very little time available, no space really to work the car, it being just shy of 200K and requiring a couple of other oil seals to replace..........I'm thinking the time may have come to retire her!
Not sure what route I'll go with this......but, she's still a lovely car and has lots of good bits that would probably sell well.

I need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks.

Any advice anyone??
My pride and joy - 1991 ur 20v quattro (owned since 2003).
BMW 645 (Need to sell now I have 2 A8s....)
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A4 cab 3.0 Quattro petrol (2005)
T5 Caravelle exec 2.5 (2006)
A8 D2 3.7 quattro sport (2001)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 4.2 quattro avant (1999)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI