A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A5/S5/RS5 8T

A5/S5/RS5 8T 2008 to 2016

Old 8th July 2014, 09:23 AM

Default I can't believe nobody has posted in this section yet!

People who frequent other Audi forums may have seen details of our latest acquisition, replacing my wife's A6 Avant

Placed a deposit on a 2011 S5 Sportback at the weekend from a trader in Herts. Can't collect the car until the v5 comes back with the original plate back on it, which at least gives them time to prep the car as well

Spec is pretty high and condition is very good - paint is all original

Has most option boxes ticked and a detail should sort any swirl marks once we're back from hols mid august. Probably no point getting it done before we spend 2 weeks in Cornwall!

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 8th July 2014, 09:30 AM

Very Nice,

I always did like the look of them,

Look forward to reading more about it when you have settled in.

Old 8th July 2014, 09:31 AM

Lovely!

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 8th July 2014, 09:59 AM

Lovely motor.

The A5 seems very popular at the moment.

Enjoy Cornwall.
You're more than welcome to pop in for a coffee/tea if you need a mid drive break.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 8th July 2014, 10:50 AM

Cheers all - it's the end of a very protracted process that started not much after Xmas! We have at times considered Scirocco R, E90 generation 335i in saloon and coupe guise, m3, S4 in saloon or estate guise, Jaguar XF-R and a few other oddities as well!

Having a small child definitely limits your ability to test drive or even view potential cars!

We ruled out small coupes based on our son getting car sick for the first and only time whilst out in the Scirocco! The 335i was ok in coupe form but in the end gaining access to the back with cars parked either side was going to be too much of a pain even if you had reasonable space once in there! What we also found interesting is how some coupes have loads of rear seat space and yet others that are larger externally seem to favour boot space (6 series and Merc options)

The S4 seemed the most sensible choice for us, but some of them don't drive that well and many are poor spec. Given the rear seat is only suitable for 2 if 1 is in a child seat of some sort the lack of a centre seatbelt in the back of the Sportback seemed less of a drawback - after all the S8 covers those occasions just fine

The swoopy Coupe 5 door shape appeals to my wife as being more sporty than the S4 but the practicality of a hatchback with folding seats means it should be perfectly usable for family duties. We'll test that theory in a few weeks once I've ordered some Whispbars and strapped the roof box on

We basically got to the point that our initial budget had doubled, but we'd narrowed our choices down. If a mint s4 with the right options had come along before this S5 we may have been swayed towards it, but the fact I've met the previous owner of this car before he part exchanged it and the fact he'd had it from only a few months old gave me some reassurance it's been properly looked after

Fingers crossed it all gets sorted this week but may have to be patient

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 8th July 2014, 10:51 AM

Very nice car Adrian!
I would have bought a sportback if they had existed when I first got my A4 as I prefer the hatchback flexibility. I've got a feeling that one will make you smile but also be hugely practical

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th July 2014, 11:05 AM

Lovely new car Adrian, enjoy!

A mate of mine just bought a 58 plate low mileage S5 in black, I'll have to get him on here so you can talk all things S5

He was after an RS4 for ages but couldn't find the right one so settled on the S5. He's washed it more times already than he did his previous A4 cabriolet so I'm guessing he's still in love with it.

Hope it's all sorted to your satisfaction and you have many miles of happy motoring with it

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th July 2014, 11:09 AM

Very nice Adrian, I was following your thread on AudiSRS. Every family needs an S8 and a hatchback.

A mate of mine had an S5 for a while but his wife didn't get on with it; they now have a newish S3 which is really rather quick. (and a TVR Tuscan which is definitely quicker)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 8th July 2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 8th July 2014, 01:53 PM

What many people don't realise about the S5 is that the coupe kept the 4.2 v8 and torque converter auto for a long time after the car came out - the 3.0T was the only engine option on the Sportback from introduction but only appeared in the coupe in 2012 IIRC. the soft top also gets the v6. The rear seat space was too limited in the coupe for us - the extra wheelbase definitely helps!