A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A5/S5/RS5 8T

A5/S5/RS5 8T 2008 to 2016

Old 8th July 2014, 08:18 PM

Looks great Adrian, sorry for the daft question, does it have the 4.2?

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 8th July 2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
Looks great Adrian, sorry for the daft question, does it have the 4.2?
Hiya

No, it's the 3 litre supercharged 333PS engine with 7 speed s-tronic

The Sportback never got the V8, as it came out later than the Coupe and Convertible

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 8th July 2014, 10:42 PM

Love it. I had the 3.0 supercharged in an S4 loaner for a month, and it knock my socks off, and what a noise.
That is a beautiful car in so many ways
Old 8th July 2014, 10:52 PM

It's definitely rare to see another as well - there's about 5 times the number of S4s around compared to the Sportback, as there was a pretty significant price difference when new (£4.5k from memory, although you get the s-tronic box and supersports seats as standard on the S5)

Spoke to the garage this evening and they've got the v5 back from DVLA so should be good to go and collect on Saturday can't go before as it's 70 miles from home and I'm on a training course 45 miles in the opposite direction the next 2 days!

Fingers crossed the retention certificate for Jane's plate comes back to us before Saturday as we can then send it off with the new keeper details to have it assigned straightaway

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 8th July 2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
No, it's the 3 litre supercharged 333PS engine with 7 speed s-tronic
An interesting extra feature of the S -tronic box is Launch Control!!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 9th July 2014, 06:57 AM

I'm not sure launch control is available on pre-facelift? Will have to read the manual when we get it! Not intending to make too much use of it, but will be extending the warranty in case the gearbox grenades!

Old 11th July 2014, 09:59 PM

One more sleep

Although based on last couple of nights with sprog and mrs both sick as parrots I'm not convinced I'll be sleeping much anyway!

Old 14th July 2014, 02:22 PM

So? Did you get it?!
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 15th July 2014, 08:17 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
So? Did you get it?!
Yep

Although the sick as a parrot reference turned out to be a little too accurate! Kai threw up on way up there (diverted via North London to collect a tyre) so jane spent the rest of the day sniffing puke!

Needless to say it was on fumes so first few miles getting to nearest Shell were a bit nerve racking! Got 60 litres into a 64 litre tank so hopefully the light just gives plenty of warning lol

Drive back was ok but traffic queue for qe2 bridge was about 6 miles! Have it full beans away from the toll barriers and it really does shift! Makes a nice bang out of the exhausts on up changes

Overall really pleased - annoyed with myself as missed fact it didn't have a piece of spec I wanted (adaptive damping ) but it rides pretty well on 20s without it which is probably why I didn't notice! Wheels need a refurb but that can wait till the tyres are shot. Looking at 18 and 19" winters so will get the 20s done when they're off the car

Will look at proper detailing options after our august hols - can't see the point getting it done before 2 weeks of tiny lane driving in Cornwall!

Going to a pistonheads south east evening meet next week so will try and grab some pics with redhill aerodrome as a backdrop

Old 12th August 2014, 11:38 AM

Adrian, what a beautiful car. I do like the look of A5s, very aggressive/sporty look.
I really like the 3 little cut outs at the bottom below the front grill. I know its a small detail, but I like it. Now every Audi seems to have it where with D3s you could only have it if splash loads of extra dosh on S8, really annoys me coz D3 looks so much better with these little cut out.

Rear is beautiful. Black is always stunning. Well known and loved wheels design.

Stunning car.

Are you actually so nice to your wife or you just got another toy for your self ??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten