A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 7th March 2016, 08:15 PM

Default eBay auction for update CD's & DVD's?

Has anyone used this eBay seller to purchase what he insists are genuine Audi CD software update & DVD mapping discs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A6-A8...-/151978499218

He seems to have sold hundreds and I cannot for the life of me believe they are all genuine items at the rock-bottom price he sells them for some for as little as £15 a set or less.

I 'purchased' this set from him and then got a barrage of emails asking me questions about my car but as soon as I queried if he could confirm if they were really the genuine article he talks about them being incompatible with my car, cancels the sale and starts to talk bollocks.

Well he might be talking bollocks but as he can't string a sentence together it is difficult to tell...

I only wanted the package for the 2015 mapping DVD's as I already have software 5570 in my 2005 W12 but as I said as soon as I queried him (or her as the emails said Julian but the PayPal refund was from Julia) he told me that they were incompatible and he refunded my payment. The update discs were just a nice to have rather than need to have...

I would be interested in hearing if anyone here has purchased from this guy and were they genuine Audi items as he insists they are.

I'm very sceptical as he also emailed me to point out the DVD's were 2015 and offered me a 2016 set!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 8th March 2016, 07:18 AM

I'm sure someone bought this recently from here - don't recall seeing any feedback on them though

I'm convinced the only potentially kosha bit are the firmware discs. The map discs say they are 'compatible' which to me means copies

Don't get the 2016 ones as the tmc doesn't work in the uk so unless you buy genuine you've got no comeback. I have 2015 and 16 discs if you don't want to mess about downloading and burning yourself

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC