A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 19th January 2011, 06:24 PM

Default Mirror part numbers?

Hi folks

Does anyone have access to part numbers for S8 mirrors? I have the ones for the aluminium housings for my car, but I'm considering getting some body coloured spares to put on the car when it goes in for repair so I don't have the pikey's coming back next month to relieve me of my new shiny mirrors.....

I have electric memory seats, so need the part numbers for body coloured mirrors with folding and auto dip on the nearside.

Will ideally get some used ones and get new outer covers to paint up - just want to know what part numbers to search for on german ebay.

How much interior trim needs stripping out to change the mirrors? Is it whole door panel off, or can you get to it just removing some small bits of trim?

Still waiting for the 2nd insurance quote before I can get the car booked in for repair - reckon it's going to be off the road for at least another fortnight
Old 20th January 2011, 12:31 AM

Default s8 mirrors

sorry to hear about your car mate, i bought some parts off a guy breaking an s8 ill call him to see if he has a set available are u interested if it helps pm me for any help.
Old 20th January 2011, 06:19 PM

Hiya

Would be interested if you have his details easily to hand.

My insurance will cover new aluminium mirrors etc but depends on cost/condition as may be tempted to fit used units and keep these new ones in their boxes for now.