A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 1st April 2018, 04:42 PM

Default S8 Admiring the View, but Where?

Had to clear my head yesterday, so went for a drive in the S8. Points to anyone who can guess its location. Those who did the WAW in 2016 aren't eligible to guess, you should know!

...and yes, I know it's dirty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8inthesun.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	572.5 KB
ID:	18286  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 1st April 2018, 04:45 PM

The seaside yay!
Old 1st April 2018, 05:33 PM

Hi Sean I'm there staying in the campervan going home shortly though the weather is changing tomorrow.
Old 1st April 2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The seaside yay!
Yeah, OK! That might be worth a mini Easter egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel120 View Post
Hi Sean I'm there staying in the campervan going home shortly though the weather is changing tomorrow.
Hope you had a good time. The weather there yesterday was lovely, but rather nippy. Had sleet and hail on the way there.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

Old 1st April 2018, 06:46 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

I reckon I may have found it ...

Looks stunning Sean

(Scenery isn't bad either)

So what's the little tower on the top of the cliff .... or is that your house?

EDIT: Ignore that question ... I've just seen the post you made in the other thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	484
Size:	1,008.0 KB
ID:	18289  
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 1st April 2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 1st April 2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
So what's the little tower on the top of the cliff .... or is that your house?

EDIT: Ignore that question ... I've just seen the post you made in the other thread!
Yeah, wouldn't that be a nice view. Just so long as you don't sleepwalk.

Old 1st April 2018, 10:33 PM

Car and scenery look stunning Sean, how you getting on with the S8?

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 2nd April 2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
Car and scenery look stunning Sean, how you getting on with the S8?
Given half a chance, I'd be out in it every day, but in reality, I think I've been out roughly once a fortnight. Only used on long runs, and when I'm in the mood.

Old 3rd April 2018, 09:36 AM

That looks gorgeous Sean! Hope it cleared your head nicely!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Blueeyes View Post
That looks gorgeous Sean! Hope it cleared your head nicely!
Well, the wind certainly blew away some of the cobwebs