A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 8th May 2013, 06:51 PM

Default Dropped orf

With nothing but the slightest brush upon exiting the vehicle the rear quarter panel trim piece has dropped orf! the plastic clip on the trim itself has broken its lip that holds it on. Anyone know if such a clip is available separately from the trim, I'd hate to have to replace the whole trim for such a trivial clip. The poor thing looks very sorry for itself

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids
Old 8th May 2013, 07:52 PM

From what I can see on the parts diagram the "Clip, Upr Inr Mldg Pt No 4DO 853825" (same for R/L) is separate from the Clip, Upr Inr Mldg (R=4DO 853 826, L = 4DO 853 825 D) which altogether hold on the moulding assembly.
The former 2 clips are <£2 whereas the moulding is ~£50ish
(I persume you are talking about the small moulding between the door and the wheel arch or am i completely off track?)

Perhaps a photo would help.
Old 8th May 2013, 08:31 PM

That's the moulding, twixt arch and back door, You can actually see it on my sig picture! It's the clip on the moulding that's kaput, the body side of the clip is fine. Which of those numbers is that.....

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids
Old 8th May 2013, 08:43 PM

OK so its the correct one. The moulding clip is the second of the two (which I unhelpfully gave the same name as the first. It should be "Clip,Upr Mldg Otr" and is L/R handed. 826 for right and 825 D for left. I would check these with Audi first just to make sure as my source is not Elsawin/ETKA but an older pdf parts manual.
Old 8th May 2013, 08:50 PM

Jolly good, s'long as I can get one I shall go speak to my local friendly dealer!

Old 9th May 2013, 06:40 AM

Sikaflex

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 9th May 2013, 06:19 PM

Its an option but I'd Rather spend a couple of quid than trying to trim tape it back on and have it ping off into oblivion never to be seen again