A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 17th January 2016, 10:12 AM

Default EPB Module Security Code

Anyone got a valid security code for the coding out of the "seatbelt on to release EPB" function that is a right royal PITA? Folk say the code will pop up in the bubble but it never does. Do I need to contact Ross-Tech or does anyone have a code I can try please? TIA
Old 17th January 2016, 01:12 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...tksX9-ob2e2oUg

Some good info on here ,pick the car d2 d3 d4 and so on , go to ecu menu at the top , I couldn't see it in handbrake ecu or air bag , wonder if you code it out in instruments it will go offline in other modules ??
Old 17th January 2016, 01:14 PM

Sorry go to ecu menu first , then it will ask for car version , some really good info for the a8 on here 👍
Old 17th January 2016, 02:23 PM

Yeah, thanks Lee. I've seen that page and used it a few times. No security code though.. some other guy reckons if you hold the EPB button down for a couple of seconds whilst pressing the gas slightly it releases manually without having to have your foot on the brake. May try that.
Old 17th January 2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
Yeah, thanks Lee. I've seen that page and used it a few times. No security code though.. some other guy reckons if you hold the EPB button down for a couple of seconds whilst pressing the gas slightly it releases manually without having to have your foot on the brake. May try that.
I think you can use accelerator or brake by default if you have your seatbelt on?
Old 17th January 2016, 06:37 PM

The thing is that I live on the side of a valley. My drive is up a steep-ish lane and I pull up to the drive, apply handbrake and select park and get out to open the gate. When I get back in the car I'd like to be able to select drive and just pull off without a) having to buckle back up or b) apply the brake, release the EPB manually and then roll back before I can get on the gas. This is why I'd like to code out the need for the seatbelt on to release the EPB with the gas pedal.

Nobody has a parking brake module security code then ?? Guess I need to contact Ross-Tech then and hope they can help.
Old 17th January 2016, 06:41 PM

Think my D4 was 78713, but it is back in the dealer so can't check. Worth a try tho
Old 25th January 2016, 02:33 PM

http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagno...u_12679.html#1

Looks like no coding is possible without doing basic settings first, I don't think you will find what your looking for though unless its a feature of another country like Japan for example

Old 25th January 2016, 03:05 PM

Ahh thank for that Del. I have given up on that one to be honest, as holding the EPB button down for 2-3 seconds does indeed release it without the need for the seat-belt to be buckled and your foot to be on the brake. You can start holding the button down as you apply gentle gas and by the time the revs have risen slightly, the EPB releases with a nice little chime. That's good enough for me.