A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 18th October 2016, 12:32 PM

Default Suspension diagram for bush part numbers

Hi all

Does anyone know where to find a front suspension diagram for the S8 as I i know I need new ARB bushes but whilst under there, I'd like to get the majority of the others changed over. I'm going to attempt to get some polybushes in there but need to share part numbers with the manufacturer to see if any of their existing kits (A4, A6 etc) will fit.

Any ideas where to get the parts numbers?

Many thanks

Mossy

Old 18th October 2016, 12:51 PM

This may help. Although its american in origin the part numbers are still relevant. Page 161 refers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf audi_parts_manual.pdf (2.42 MB, 353 views)
Old 18th October 2016, 01:37 PM

For reference, the two lower arms and the upper rear arm are identical to B5 A4 and C5 A6 so you can use the poly bushes for those. The upper front is unique to the D2 so you might need a bespoke bush making up for that.
Old 19th October 2016, 09:28 AM

Thank you that's really helpful.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Old 20th October 2016, 10:41 AM

I have been on the search for poly bushes, especially for the rear, so far I've only found a couple of bushes that could be replaced but the search continues. For the front, so far, I have only the top front bush to replace. I used these bushes for the front as they could supply all but the top front bush http://www.strongflex.eu/en/28-audi-a8-94-03. After ordering the bushes, a few weeks later I find this lot who do make the front top bush (grrrr lol) https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l/&prev=search, sorry its a google translate page if it doesnt come up but it'll give you the address to google. HTH
Old 20th October 2016, 11:32 AM

ETKA.me is very good - you can find nearly all part numbers there provided you know where to look!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)
Old 11th November 2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a daisy View Post
I have been on the search for poly bushes, especially for the rear, so far I've only found a couple of bushes that could be replaced but the search continues. For the front, so far, I have only the top front bush to replace. I used these bushes for the front as they could supply all but the top front bush http://www.strongflex.eu/en/28-audi-a8-94-03. After ordering the bushes, a few weeks later I find this lot who do make the front top bush (grrrr lol) https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l/&prev=search, sorry its a google translate page if it doesnt come up but it'll give you the address to google. HTH
That's incredibly helpful actually. Were these guys easy to deal with and how much did the job lot cost you?

Old 11th November 2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
ETKA.me is very good - you can find nearly all part numbers there provided you know where to look!
27 litres - this is brilliant. Thanks so much.

Old 16th November 2016, 10:10 AM

Both companies were great to deal with. The first link, at first didnt have an easy way to make payments but within one week opened a paypal acoount to make payment easier. Cant remember offhand total cost so just tot up prices for all parts (i.e. 2 x off all parts, ARB bushes both bottom arm inner bushes, shock absorber bushes, top rear bushes) think it was around £120ish in total and took just over a week to arrive (took longer to fit though lol) The second link gives you a full front kit that includes the top front bushes that the first company couldnt supply. Had them fitted now for about 9 months with no issues and does help tighten up the front end. Search goes on for rear bushes lol, gluton for punishment lol