A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 12th March 2017, 09:19 AM

Default Pricing advice required

Hi all,

A change in my life (relocating at the beginning of April and subsidising 2 daughters at university at the same time) means I am in the position where I need to sell my A8 quickly and drive a cheap car for about a year.

Problem is I have no idea how to price my car for a quick sale but getting a realistic price for it so I needed advice.

It is a silver 2007 (07 plate) 3.0Tdi SE LWB in great condition with full service history but it has done just under 210,000 miles.
I use it every day and put just under 2,000 miles a month on it trouble free so I believe it has plenty of life left but of course a lot of people will be put off by the mileage.

Thoughts as to a realistic price? Looking on autotrader doesn't help much as prices are all over the place.

Obviously if any of you know somebody looking for one that would be great but I anticipate it going on eBay or autotrader as you all already own an A8!
Old 12th March 2017, 09:53 AM

It's almost impossible without the exact spec and inside/outside pictures mate.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 12th March 2017, 09:59 AM

Realistically, what are you going to get that will save money overall? You won't get much (if anything!) for the A8 and a smaller "more economical" replacement will cost money and depreciate and probably not last well at your mileage.

I'd just run the A8 into the ground, it will soak up 2000 miles a month easily and being a 3-litre diesel not cost a fortune on fuel. If anything major goes wrong it's end-of-life anyway, probably.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 12th March 2017, 10:14 AM

Actually that is very true.
3.0tdi are very economical making your idea not worth the hassle and it may make you loose out instead of making savings especially that you know your car very well and there is nothing wrong with it which can't be said about the replacement.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 12th March 2017, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the responses so far.

Pictures are here http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11713

Spec wise I don't think it had many of the options ticked. It does have bluetooth, free view and DAB. I think everything else is standard .

I know it's not worth much. I won't be doing the mileage any more once I relocate so was looking to buy a 1-2k commuter car. The relocation and kids are costing a fortune (youngest is going to Tokyo for a year of her degree at our expense) so anything I can get back would be a massive help.

In my head I was hoping for £3-£3.5k for a quick sale. Would obviously like more hence my post but I could live with that. Is it really not worth that?

Micharl
Old 12th March 2017, 11:32 AM

It's worth that easily I think.

Go to WBAC and see what it's bottom trade value is, work up from there