A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 31st January 2022, 09:41 PM

Default I need students' opinions on juggling studies and part-time work

Guys, I'm studying in college and dream of having a car. Since I don't have a full-time and well-paid work, I have to make shift between one and another side hustle to provide for a living. But the money I earn isn't enough to implement my fream. I start to think about regular part-time job, but I'm not sure I will have enough time to do homework (especially academic papers). I'm not so very good at writing and it prevents me from living my life to the fullest, because I spend all my time on writing, editing, and formatting. How can I speed up this process?
Old 1st February 2022, 03:37 PM
Banned

most people here are like 50-80 years old, I think at 28 im the youngest D2 owner around.

All im going to say is: where's a will there's a way.
Old 1st February 2022, 04:14 PM

I'm not quite as old as some but clearly not the youngest at 41 either. I've studied and worked full time at the same time and it's not easy but the rewards and feeling you get once complete is worth it. What kind of work are you doing and are you studying full time? I was lucky after a while to find an employer fund my studies while I work and allow time off for college, depending on what you're studying and what the employers are like were you are it might be worth looking around.

I'd continue my studies but can't spare the time with three young children!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 4th February 2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
most people here are like 50-80 years old, I think at 28 im the youngest D2 owner around.

All im going to say is: where's a will there's a way.
I think it's the perfect audience who can give me a few good recommendations.
Old 4th February 2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
I'm not quite as old as some but clearly not the youngest at 41 either. I've studied and worked full time at the same time and it's not easy but the rewards and feeling you get once complete is worth it. What kind of work are you doing and are you studying full time? I was lucky after a while to find an employer fund my studies while I work and allow time off for college, depending on what you're studying and what the employers are like were you are it might be worth looking around.

I'd continue my studies but can't spare the time with three young children!
I'm a full-time student and I plan to work in public catering.
Old 4th February 2022, 09:59 AM

I was searching for the guides for college students for a long time, and I found a guideline on writing a cover letter for recent college graduate, and even though I'm not a graduate yet, the information turned out to be very useful. I know that I'll need to tackle a lot of writing assignments and the more secrets I know, the better. Then it turned out that the service I found offers editing assistance, and I decided I must share it here. Although someone stated that this community consists mainly of middle-aged people, I still think I can be useful for some of them.

Last edited by wutija; 14th February 2022 at 10:04 AM.