A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 18th August 2014, 05:07 PM

I'd go something from the other side.

A Yank with a big V8 motor.

2006 Audi A8 D3 Quattro Sport 4.2 TDI - Silver, Family Oil Burner.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.5 TDI - Santorin Blue, S8-Powered DTM Race Car Build In Progress.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.8 30V - Pelican Blue, RS4 Widebody, D3 4.2 01E, High-Spec B5 Build In Progress.
Old 19th August 2014, 03:55 PM

If a 68 Dodge Charger came with Isofix I'd have one in a flash. Not sure how the marriage or wallet would survive though.
Old 28th August 2014, 12:25 PM

What next? Its a very interesting question that's been bugging me too.
I did also just get another D2, although with a manual box to spice things up, but now missing the auto a little bit.

One car (out of my price range) that I have been looking at is C63 amg. Lots of raving reviews on youtube form Cris Harris, Motor Trend, Insideline, etc.
Its a German muscle car, and although its not a D2, it has some features that appeal to me:
- its a V8
- tons of torque from very low rpm
- auto box tougher than D2 box
- simple coilover suspension, no settings, no airmatic to go wrong
- rear wheel drive, wheelspin fun
- I can just about live with how it looks

The other cars I would consider, Chevy Camaro V8 (2010 and up), D3 W12
Old 28th August 2014, 04:02 PM

As someone who's recently arrived on the Audi 8 scene I can let you know of all of the things I considered before getting the 8!

A VW Phaeton, is the top of the VW tree, they do a LWB, luxury is everywhere... the option of a diesel as well as the 6.0 Bentley set-up is also possible and most of them in the previous shape will now all be sub £10k so in time these would be an option. Something like this would be a perfect example.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true

I also consider the S Class as these are also reasonable money, appear to be worth more than they actually are especially with an expensive private plate on it, and gives good value for money and quality with comfort.

something like this one would tick my boxes as an alternative.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-S...item3ce67d9dda

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 28th August 2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil303 View Post
I'm not thinking of getting rid of my D2 S8 anytime soon but out of interest, where do you go next? It would have to be a 4 door, room in the back for a child seat, 2 tall adults in the front, powerful and circa £7K or less. I'm hoping the price of the 5.0 Jag XF will have dropped by the time I get round to changing but other than that my mind is a blank. After owning 3 Audi's in succession a change might be nice.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Leggy Range Rover L322?

Over budget, but you get the idea: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...over?logcode=p

We got shot of our D2 4.2 QS earlier this year. I too had the "those are big shoes to fill" feeling, but the RR has delivered. They are very nice cars.
Old 28th August 2014, 05:32 PM

The ONLY other car(s) I would consider is a (I so hate to say this) BMW M5 or Alpina B8. Can't see anything else even close.

THE WHALE IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER... errr but leaking again
Old 28th August 2014, 05:36 PM

Never got the luxury Land Rover thing. Whats the point it'll never go off road. Buy something with a purpose

THE WHALE IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER... errr but leaking again
Old 28th August 2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg66 View Post
Leggy Range Rover L322?
I can see this being a possible outcome; Mrs303 loves the idea of having one of those.

I'd be happy letting her have it and pottering about in a MK2 Golf GTI.

Until that day comes, I've got an S8 to enjoy