A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 22nd January 2016, 07:06 AM

Default D3 air suspension QS to SE spec (3 height settings instead of 2)

Does anyone know if I can code/swap my Quattro sport suspension module so I can run the 3 different ride heights and get 50mm of travel like the standard SE models.

Ripped my fuel cooler off on a speed bump in dynamic as the car lowered off on its own whilst on the motorway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	793.9 KB
ID:	12361  
Old 22nd January 2016, 08:13 AM

are you sure that your air compressor / pump is fully pressurising and not losing any air Don? that may be why it lowered whilst you were driving along, or alternatively if you're in auto mode it will have lowered by the additional 20mm when you get to 80MPH and then stay there until you drop speed to under 40 I think

If the pump is losing a touch of pressure you can refurb it with a "bagpiping andy" kit off of ebay

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 22nd January 2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 22nd January 2016, 08:34 AM

As Neil says, the system may have a leak, worth checking what VCDS says and is it dropping on one side/ taking a long time to lift/ any lights on dash in regards to level control. etc

If all that's good then your options are replace the controller with a normal suspension module and that will give you the extra level you asked about.

Old 22nd January 2016, 03:43 PM

Thanks guys but maybe I didn't explain it very well the quarto sport has only 2 main ride heights 1,comfort,auto and dynamic - these are all one ride height
2, lift mode - 25mm higher
I run my car VERY low so I need it in lift mode to clear speed humps around town. Problem is if I drive over 60 it will automatically come out of lift mode and back into the normal height(Low) but it catches me out sometimes and I'll not realise it's dropped out of lift mode and then !!!!BANG!!!!

If I could swap to the SE SETUP dynamic would be low

Comfort would be 25mm higher and lift would be another 25mm on top of that meaning I could leave it in comfort most of the time and clear most thing, lift for 50mm and massive clearance. Dynamic for a/b roads, motorways and shows.

Last edited by Don; 22nd January 2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 22nd January 2016, 04:41 PM

No you explained it well enough, thought it was worth checking you didn't have other issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-EN...8AAOSwNSxVUbKA

For that price its worth playing around.

Old 26th January 2016, 03:10 PM

Don't think an ecu will help can't imagine the amount of coding involved to switch an ecu. Anybody else know any more about the air system/coding/module??
Old 26th January 2016, 04:17 PM

The Ecu is the difference between sports and normal, sports have no height difference between comfort and dynamic unlike the other controller but do as you see fit.

Old 16th February 2016, 01:43 PM

Ok so how easy is it going to be to switch an ecu also won't I lose my remap too?
Old 16th February 2016, 01:51 PM

Delboy the description on your Ebay link didn't make clear it was the air suspension ecu. So I thought your were telling me to buy an engine ECU ok thanks mate great help 👍🏼
Old 16th February 2016, 01:55 PM

The ebay link above is for a level control module. The advert is titled wrongly as an engine ecu, which it isn't, so you wont loose an engine ECU remap.

The level control module should be plug n play, with a bit of VCDS for coding.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,