A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 19th June 2013, 09:55 PM

Default Looking at coming back to the A8...

Evening all,
After a year away after selling on the old IT Ian's A8 sport Im looking at buying another. The timing was just all against me last year. Just this evening I have learned that my old car has changed hands twice since. I would happily have bought it back. Bit soul destroying really...

Anyway, Id like peoples thoughts and experiences as to what 2k would buy me in the current market. I just adored the 4.2, but also loved its size and road presence. I would consider dropping to a smaller engine but would need to know that would be a car that wouldnt disappoint or leave me always wishing I had held out.

If anybody knows of any cars worth a look at I would appreciate a heads up. Will be looking with intent over the coming month or so.

Best wishes, P
Old 20th June 2013, 12:33 PM

I know of the ideal one buddy 2.8 quattro sport, 130k miles, ming blue, black leather £2k cash monies
Old 7th July 2013, 02:54 PM

I hope you can get back into one mate! Your old one was a good 'un, for sure. Put many happy miles on it.

I'm long gone from the barge world now, with a blue Peugeot 106 Rallye on the drive which I must admit, is more enjoyable to drive than the A8. It may be joined by another 'toy' next year (I say 'toy' to fool the missus into thinking the hot, noisy little Rallye with no driver aids or gadgets and a screaming 8v engine is sensible and I should be allowed a TVR or similar for the summer).
Old 7th July 2013, 05:53 PM

There is a lot of tatty crap about at that money. You know missing a service or two and the bodywork looks like the car has been driven by Stevie Wonder.

Though there is the odd gem, I picked mine up for £2400 and its been excellent just needing the odd job and little tidy.
Old 21st July 2013, 03:37 PM

Default S8 1997 for sale

128,000 miles will go up as I am using the the car. Was testing the water on price. There is more info in the the daily banter section and a link with pictures.

If its what your looking for please pm. I would be happy to show you round it.