A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 14th March 2012, 02:22 PM

Default APS Parking system sensors

Got a quote to fix the parking sensor (front right), been told that its best (Audi reccomended) to do all four at the same time, so with that and bumper removal , painting to fit etc comes to £600.

Im not £600 bothered to get this done, but i thought maybe i could turn off the front set of sensors and then it would work fine with the rears. so i unticked the box for APS front in the hidden menu and rebooted the MMI.

no change

hooked up vagcom and cleared the original fault and tried again, no change, the fault still reoccurs in vagcom so the car is still "seeing" the front set. I couldnt find anything in the adaption chanels of the parking module that turn of front and rear,

anyone got any ideas if its possible to turn of the front set only with vagcom ?
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 14th March 2012, 02:25 PM

Unplug them from the sensor, then recode it. The fronts are a seperate plug from the rear.

Though I'd just do the dodgy sensor.

I know.. I know..

Old 14th March 2012, 02:30 PM

seems a resonable idea, where would i unplug from? and when you say recode it, my options apart from unticking it from the canbus completely seem limited to buzzer warnings front a rear etc.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 14th March 2012, 02:52 PM

If you take the carpet panel off the left hand side of the boot, you'll see it on the sheel arch, with three plugs going in.. Can't remember which one is the front (middle maybe), and see how it behaves. It may need recoded with vag-com to tell it that it's a 4-way instead of 8-way

I know.. I know..

Old 14th March 2012, 03:14 PM

if i unhook it, the car will think all 4 have failed, so ineed to find where to recode it first, and mybe just the recode will be enough, theres nothing in the parking module on vagcom

Old 14th March 2012, 05:14 PM

My A6 has a duff front sensor and have only been told I need to do the one - worked out at 90 quid for a new one, with painting. I have it in my grubby paws and plan to fit this weekend if the weather is OK

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 14th March 2012, 05:25 PM

i wouldnt mind that kind of price, maybe on the a6 you dont have to take the bumper half off to do the job, thats probably most of the cost

Old 14th March 2012, 07:20 PM

Hiya

Price doesn't include fitting - just supply and paint to match body colour

It's arch liners partially out, front fogs and grills out and bumper off to get to one of the inner ones....

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 14th March 2012, 09:06 PM

Default Parking sensor

I would just get a sensor from a8parts and replace the offending one...they'll only be a couple of bolts holding the bumper on and it will come off like a chest of draws...the rest is just go with the flow...I have done it on a fl d2 and it really wasn't that difficult...
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 14th March 2012, 09:13 PM

might just do that im going to france at the end of the month my dads got all the tools and room to work, so its sounding like a good option