A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 8th March 2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska View Post
Might be way off on this one but I replaced my washer pump a while ago and pulled it apart - the sensor bit is just a float (on my PF anyway). This gets stuck with gun from the years of different washer fluids used. So a good clean may see it working properly again. That's assuming the motor housing isn't rusted to hell.
Good too see you around buddy
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 8th March 2011, 08:58 PM

Thanks Amar, I've have developed a disappearing/ reappearing habit lately This time round due to house move
Old 8th March 2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska View Post
Thanks Amar, I've have developed a disappearing/ reappearing habit lately This time round due to house move
Stick around this time, your posts are always incredibly useful and we've never had the chance to meet in the flesh yet
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 8th March 2011, 09:34 PM
martincieslak1

My pump was dead so I replaced it with a brand new pump from Audi and since then the warning was always ON and there is really only one way the connector can go in. The warning was so annoying I ended up cutting the wire for the sensor (pump has 3 wires, 2 for the pump and one for the sensor). Cut the wire for the sensor, and the warning should go away. My car is a pre-facelift 1997, maybe facelift models are different though.
Old 9th March 2011, 06:57 AM

fair do's fella, BTW mines a PFL too. Another shot in the dark but I seem to remember on another overseas forum where this sort of problem had something to do with a dry joint on the instrument cluster. Wouldn't be the first time a dry joint caused something like this - I repaired my instrument cluster which would go dead on cold mornings when you switched the lights on!
Old 10th March 2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Stupid self tapping screw who does it think it is, keep dropping out like that. Although i found a lot easier with the indicator out, then it's just one STUPID screw, but you can't do that if you have one of those fancy FL.

A wise man once said "use blutack on the end of screwdriver"
But if you obtain an old large loudspeaker - broken is fine - open it up and get hold of the huge magnet and stroke a screwdriver along it a few times - hey presto screws stay on. Don't use the same screwdriver near sensitive electrics after