A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 8th February 2015, 06:15 PM

I fitted the fan style jets today with the adapters.
I thought it would be best to do it all in one thread but let me know if you wanted it moved to its own separate thread.

The pic below is the standard twin jet A8 washers and the fan style washer from a Skoda.
They are unheated version cause they was cheaper.
It looks like the heating plug comes out on the other side of the Audis. I don't think this will be a an issue cause there appears to be enough room and cable length.

Standard A8 Washer jet fitted. Just pull this out.

Unplug the heater plug and feed pipe.

Install the adapter.

Reconnect the plug and pipe, then push the new jet in to position. Make sure you align the back where the adapter is first and then push the front in to position till it clicks.

Use a T8 torx to adjust the aim of the fan jets. this is a lot easier than the jets cause you just screw in and out to raise or lower the spray.

That's it. You are done.

Adapter part number:
8e0955431

Fan washer part number
5M0955986C
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.

Last edited by ScottD3; 8th February 2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 8th February 2015, 06:47 PM

Good stuff, I have never had a car with fan jets before, are they better than normal jets or just different?

Also to clarify the part numbers is that for the alloy spacer and for a heated jet?

Old 8th February 2015, 07:58 PM

Plastic adapter and heated washer jets.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 8th February 2015, 09:41 PM

Nice one Scott.
I'll phone Audi in the morning and order the fan jets.
Ray

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 8th February 2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Nice one Scott.
I'll phone Audi in the morning and order the fan jets.
Ray
Not sure if you need to get them from Skoda if Audi don't fit them?
Fans are better (IMHO) as it is more evenly wet over the screen and the water isn't hitting the glass at such a high speed, it doesn't rebound onto the roof as much.
Old 9th February 2015, 02:36 AM

Ahh that might be a negative do rme then as I like to give tail gaters a good soaking to annoy them to the point of backing off

Old 9th February 2015, 07:42 AM

The part number for the jets was fitted to skoda and VW.
Audi dealers can sometimes order in other VAG parts but it depends on the parts.

Fan jets is the best.
better coverage of water.

I have one set of adapters left is anyone is interested.
my non heated fan jets will be for sale as well when I replace them with heated.
Old 9th February 2015, 10:10 AM

Just tried my "tame" Audi parts guy and he reports that though they can source a lot of Skoda parts this one is "Skoda only".
Trying local Skoda but a delay 'cos the parts chap is out collecting a car. Another 20 minutes wait
Scott you are much better than me, you have put the spacers at the top of the aperture, that is towards the front of the car with the bonnet closed. I put mine on the other side which explains why I had difficulty adjusting the jets. That means my units are slightly further under the bonnet. I'll swap them over and try again after I've finished my cuppa

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 9th February 2015, 10:53 AM

Heated Fan washer x 2 ordered from Skoda, Bolton. Used them 'cos all the others are using "084" phone numbers.
Parts guy said not a Skoda part when I gave him "5M". I explained it was a Seat/Skoda/VW part and then he agreed. Should have it tomorrow.
If they work I'll be loking for a good home for my old twin jets and my not so old triple jets

Last edited by tc4332; 14th February 2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:27 PM

Thanks Scott D3 that's brilliant news, I do a lot of motorway driving and I'm forever using the washers esp at the moment with all the crap on the road, these will make life a lot easier

I'm quite pleased they can be retrofitted, along with that and the rain light sensor retrofit I'll be well on my way to making my life much more pleasant in the A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Good stuff, I have never had a car with fan jets before, are they better than normal jets or just different?

Also to clarify the part numbers is that for the alloy spacer and for a heated jet?
They give a better spread of screen wash, I don't know if you suffer the same but my washers miss the bottom left corner of my screen, it also uses less screen wash as it covers the whole screen in one go, this is my previous experience with them, at the moment I have to fill my screen wash bottle every week, hopefully I'll get 2 weeks worth out of the bottle once the fan jets are installed.