A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 7th June 2018, 06:00 PM

EKTA is showing part number 8H0827249 for me which is for PR-4E7 power closing trunk
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 7th June 2018, 06:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQhK3P4gYk
This one is useful too, he added helper springs to the top of the bolts I was adjusting. (He has lots of A8 tech videos on his youtube page)

EDIT* I checked the spring-pin buffers 8H0827249 on the boot and they do not appear adjustable, it seems they can be disabled by pushing the pin in and turning it or enabled by turning the pin until it pops back out. The outer buffer part won't turn. I did try turning them while the pins were out but the length and spring tension appeared to remain the same.
- am I missing a trick here?

It isn't a problem with the motor as I can here it turning and the clutch starts to slip too, but also the motor is really slowing too so I don't think the clutch has undue slip.

Last edited by snapdragon; 7th June 2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 7th June 2018, 09:47 PM

When you turn the outer part it does not adjust the pin length or the spring tension. It just moves the whole assembly either towards the boot lid or away from it.
I don't understand undoing the trim to adjust them. To replace the bumpers then you have to undo the trim.
When I first had this problem I ordered new bumpers and after fitting them had the same problem. Then someone explained about turning the pin to release it, and the adjustment I worked out myself. My old ones were exactly the same as the new ones, they had just not haqd the pins released.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 7th June 2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQhK3P4gYk
This one is useful too, he added helper springs to the top of the bolts I was adjusting. (He has lots of A8 tech videos on his youtube page)

EDIT* I checked the spring-pin buffers 8H0827249 on the boot and they do not appear adjustable, it seems they can be disabled by pushing the pin in and turning it or enabled by turning the pin until it pops back out. The outer buffer part won't turn. I did try turning them while the pins were out but the length and spring tension appeared to remain the same.
- am I missing a trick here?

It isn't a problem with the motor as I can here it turning and the clutch starts to slip too, but also the motor is really slowing too so I don't think the clutch has undue slip.

This is not the bumper spring.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 8th June 2018, 04:22 PM

I have tried adjusting the bumpers today and it does not solve the issue - boot will not pop open without some help. I unscrewed the bumper completely and it's just a piece of plastic under the rubber, no spring inside it?

2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 9th June 2018, 09:42 AM

That is not the adjustable type.
This is the type we are talking about. It was an upgrade to solve the boot lid problem.
Check with our sponsors.
Apologies, I am back on hospital visiting so have very little time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180609_093607.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	19410  

Last edited by tc4332; 9th June 2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 9th June 2018, 09:59 AM

Attachment 19411

This is the version I have but when I try and turn the outer part, it does not budge. I will try again with mole grips.

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 9th June 2018, 11:38 AM

OK makes sense now, thanks for the reply. I will try and get a set.

They are not on ETKA for this model so any idea which model they are originally for?

Last edited by homer simpson; 9th June 2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 9th June 2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
OK makes sense now, thanks for the reply. I will try and get a set.
They are not on ETKA for this model so any idea which model they are originally for?
These models list 8H0827249 - 8H is the A4 on the list.
Attachment 19414

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 14th June 2018, 01:44 PM

I ordered a set of struts (2nd hand genuine) and they made a difference but just lacked those few mm to get it to pull itself up. I then adjusted the bolts mentioned in this thread and I finally managed to get it to work!