A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th October 2016, 04:06 PM

Default PF Auto Lights Retrofit (G399 not G397)

Hi there,

I've been looking at the Auto Lights option on my 2005 PF D3 as a retrofit idea. Mainly because of the irksome beeping of the "Press stop to engage wheel lock" means then when i've used my lights in the daytime, it's very easy to forget to turn them off.

It seems that the PF didn't have the Light/Rain Sensor (G397) but the G399 Light sensor.

I can find loads of info on the Light/Rain - http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/pro...K0955559D.html

But no part number on the G399 Light Sensor!!!

It appears to plug into the roof module so probably needs a short cable on a retrofit, but we're talking a few inches rather then anything major. Sits in a pre fitted bracket on the windscreen above/behind my auto-dipping functions (Really you order a car with auto dipping but don't spring for the lights!!!)

The Light switch is a quick press in the centre and twist to the right and it pops out dead easy and plug in one with an auto switch (got and tried, alas 399 error, looked and no sensor/cable just bracket)

So Anyone know some useful part numbers as i'm drawing a blank?

Ta,
Lee