A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items

For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items For the personal sale of non Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 8th January 2018, 10:16 AM

Default Free to collect: Dell XP laptop previously used for VAG-COM

Dell Inspiron 5160 laptop. In use until quite recently to run VAG-COM and VCDS. Could include a generic OBD cable if wanted allowing you to load and run the "free" version of VCDS-Lite.

Fully working on a valid licensed copy of Windows XP Professional and with original installation CD's.

Fast 2.8GHz Pentium 4 processor, 40GB hard disk, 2GB ram, DVD-R/CD-RW drive, latest A08 BIOS version.
TP-link internal wireless-n (up to 300mbps) wifi adapter. Good battery, relatively new, lasts up to 45 minutes.
Up to date (as far as XP can be) with Service Pack 3 and all subsequent fixes. Avast Free antivirus protection.

Would also suit someone who needs to run old software that works on XP but not later versions of Windows, with the added bonus of being useable away from a mains connection for at least a few minutes at a time. Certainly long enough to do a VCDS scan.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 8th January 2018, 10:36 AM

Interested and although a long way north am coming south this week and back up Sunday-ish. Wherebouts are you exactly, Andrew?
2 other questions:
1. How long does the battery actually last? (I see a new battery is around £30).
2. What's the screen size?
Old 8th January 2018, 11:22 AM

Hi David, it's 1024*768 resolution and 15" diagonal. Perfectly useable.

The battery I bought myself not that long ago but life depends what you're doing. It can say 2 hours initially but drops quickly to about 50 minutes.

As I've only ever used it to scan my S8, fully charged beforehand, I really don't know how long it would last.

I'm near Amersham so not far from M1, M25 and M40, depending where you are heading.

PM me if seriously interested, it is on offer elsewhere.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 8th January 2018, 11:25 AM

Thanks Andrew. will PM if/when my journey schedule becomes clear.
Old 8th January 2018, 11:40 AM

Just to add that, for an appropriate number of beer tokens I can load my LICENSED copy of VCDS-Lite onto it assuming I can find a way to transfer the registration. I now have a genuine Ross-Tech lead so no longer need this software.

Note this is NOT the free version, it has more capabilities as it was originally purchased as VAGCOM then traded/upgraded to VCDS. But it won't really do anything useful past a D2. (I may still have the old VAGCOM as well which will still work!)

However as it's registered it also has significant value for trade-in at Ross-Tech to the newest versions of their hardware, so I may just sell it separately. Or buy an upgrade and sell that.
Old 10th January 2018, 10:54 PM

Hi, if not already taken could I have dibs on this as I have a D2 S8 and so would be perfect for running diagnostics on it. Feel free to PM me.