A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuels For all those conversations about LPG, Electric, Hydrogen. Anything but petrol and diesel...

Old 11th June 2017, 09:55 PM

Default lexus 600hl rsr

Hi I'm thinking of buying a hybrid lexus the same as this one

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2007-Lexu...-RSR-190197514

what are your thoughts anybody owned one and are they reliable?

thanks trev
Old 12th June 2017, 05:45 AM

I know that Paul McCartney bought two of these new and had them airfreighted from Japan and was then ridiculed for the CO2 emissions generated by their delivery negating any fuel they would save throughout their existence!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)
Old 12th June 2017, 03:24 PM

Is this the model where boot space is surprisingly restricted due to the size of the battery pack, and it's location?

It's a Lexus - if it's been serviced it's unlikely to break in any meaningful sense. My parents have an IS250 on an 06 plate and apart from routine servicing I can only think of a recall for a fuel pressure sensor as needing attention in the 6 years they've had it.

Mate had a minging import LS many moons ago - had been to the moon and back - and apart from suspension bushes that were past its best it was similarly bombproof!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC