A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 18th December 2018, 05:41 PM

I tried to book the Audi wiper ‘service’ online. But you have to call them up. I lost interest at that point, plus wasting a few hours at Audi doesn’t appeal. So I ordered the Lucas blades - LWDF24C - JulianHicks and Marcin recommended in another thread on here. Haven’t arrived yet. But fingers crossed they’re decent.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 18th December 2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
I tried to book the Audi wiper ‘service’ online. But you have to call them up. I lost interest at that point, plus wasting a few hours at Audi doesn’t appeal. So I ordered the Lucas blades - LWDF24C - JulianHicks and Marcin recommended in another thread on here. Haven’t arrived yet. But fingers crossed they’re decent.
Those are the one I have after the thread above. Had them for over a year, can’t complain to be honest for the money but cannot compare to Audi ones as I have never had Audi ones.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 18th December 2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
Yeh, although for me I can work from anywhere as long as there is wifi and a phone signal. So no time wasted. Fitted cost was less than TPS for supply only...
2012 A6 3.0 TDI Avant, Silver, 7 Spd STronic, Bose, ACC, Advanced Parking Camera, Power close / open tailgate, Side and Lane Assist, AMI & Jukebox, Adaptive lights with corner and high beam assist, Through load with ski bag, Audi pre sense plus, sports diff and sport suspension, Panoramic roof, Storage pack, MMI touchpad and VIM, etc. Oh and now retro fit rear seat entertainment

2019 BMW I3. Heat pump, Winter, professional and comfort packs, Harmon Kardon, autopilot

2022 Mercedes EQC 400

Previously: 2009 S8, Silver, B&O, Ceramic Brakes, Advanced Parking Camera, VCDS
2008 A8 3.0 Tdi sport, B&O
Old 18th December 2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kele View Post
Yeh, although for me I can work from anywhere as long as there is wifi and a phone signal. So no time wasted. Fitted cost was less than TPS for supply only...
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good loss leading loophole, I just wasn’t in the mood to go and sit in the stealers.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

Old 18th December 2018, 06:55 PM

It was a good experience for me.
The day I was booked in for turned out to be pretty bad for me, really depressed. The slightly older lady on reception spotted I was not at my best and started looking after me. She must have been a nurse or social worker in a previous life. I had biscuits, cake and tea coming out of my ears. And she started a mammoth hug in, all the young ladies came for a cuddle.
Problem was that I could not follow through on any of the offers. To be honest I still couldn't, all too fresh.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 19th December 2018, 03:50 PM

Ray, I'm taking you with me to the dealers next time, some of all that attention you get has got to rub off my way, right?

Hope you're keeping well and the family are keeping you busy in the upcoming holiday period
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 19th December 2018, 04:18 PM

Hi Sarg,
I am keeping well, the kids are looking after me, and up until this week I have been busy with the coaches.
Very quiet just now on the coach front, which is enabling me to catch up on all the little jobs. I've changed the powered phone holder in the car because I have treated myself to a new phone that does not fit the old holder but because it is powered I had to drop the dash and glove box. Bloody cold out there.
Not sure abouat the Xmas meet, I want to go but it depends on the coach situation. I don't want to let the passengers down that keep asking for me.
I'm not sure about the staealer staff, especially the young ladies. It might work for you when you are old like me.
Take care

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 18th June 2019, 03:33 PM

Quite unimpressed with the Lucas wipers after 6 months. Nipped into Audi Warrington on my way home and after a few confused looks they agreed there was a fixed price wiper replacement scheme.

They had none in stock, but said they’ll be in tomorrow by 9. Fitted is now £45, or £64 if you fit them yourself. Last set lasted me nearly 4 years, so it’s money well spent.

If they’d had them in stock they’d have fitted them there and then, which is good. The making an appointment and hanging round Audi for a few hours had previously deterred me.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

Old 18th June 2019, 04:58 PM

There is a bonus, the car is washed before it comes out!!!

Old 18th June 2019, 10:21 PM

Don,t forget a free summer check, a coffee and a biscuit whilst your at it..
2012 A6 3.0 TDI Avant, Silver, 7 Spd STronic, Bose, ACC, Advanced Parking Camera, Power close / open tailgate, Side and Lane Assist, AMI & Jukebox, Adaptive lights with corner and high beam assist, Through load with ski bag, Audi pre sense plus, sports diff and sport suspension, Panoramic roof, Storage pack, MMI touchpad and VIM, etc. Oh and now retro fit rear seat entertainment

2019 BMW I3. Heat pump, Winter, professional and comfort packs, Harmon Kardon, autopilot

2022 Mercedes EQC 400

Previously: 2009 S8, Silver, B&O, Ceramic Brakes, Advanced Parking Camera, VCDS
2008 A8 3.0 Tdi sport, B&O