A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > Other Audis

Other Audis All other Audi related chat

Old 1st July 2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
enjoy the new (mean looking (in a good way)) toy
It is quite good fun really, and with 0-60 in 5.8 seconds is about as fast off the mark as the S8. I think the 4WD helps there. Probably no match at illegal speeds though.

The common platform with the Focus shows at times, here it is compared to a Focus RS, which is also 4WD but has an extra 100hp and a manual gearbox:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Compare.JPG
Views:	786
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	13747  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 1st July 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 9th October 2016, 05:47 PM

Having finally read the relevant section of the (online) manual properly I filled her up with "the proper stuff" today for the first time - Shell V-power.
It was heading home and only 3 miles away (1m of M25 then tiny roads), so now I need an opportunity to see if it makes a difference.
The manual actually says:
Quote:
95 RON can be used for normal driving.
98 RON is recommended for optimum performance and minimum fuel consumption
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 9th October 2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11th June 2018, 11:16 PM

Just a little, much later update on this.
It has been run consistently on 98/99 octane fuel since then, mostly Tesco Momentum.
More recently it's had the "Polestar Optimisation" software upgrade, which mostly increases mid-range engine torque (and power) plus changes some gearbox behaviour to make it more "sprightly" and "sporty"; and there is a Sport mode on the (8-speed auto, not 6-speed mentioned earlier) gearbox anyway if you really want to push it!
In theory fuel consumption is unchanged. But 0-100kph (62mph) is now well under 6 seconds, which is "acceptable".

Last edited by HPsauce; 11th June 2018 at 11:29 PM.