A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 2nd September 2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
But, the one thing that stands out on the 'Final Edition' is the 20" wheels, so I do believe that any S8 sat on 18" wheels is immediately dismissed by the masses, leaving it to a very niche audience of purists.
This is exactly right. I've had someone bugging me for ages on Facebook wanting to buy an S8, so of course I showed him this one. He immediately dismissed it because he wants a 'Final Edition' which, when quizzed on that, simply means he wants one on 20s rather than purple seats.

I suggested I could supply a set of 20s to go on this very car, but no. Totally not interested. It makes no sense at all.

I think the Avus 1 on the PF suit it much better than the Avus 2 suits the FL. The Avus 1 seem to look larger on the car for some reason, maybe because they have softer edges, but so few PFs still have their original wheels they are becoming a rarity. Mine does have its originals, luckily, which hopefully will add value at sale time.
Old 2nd September 2022, 02:23 PM

When you think what a 'Final Edition' really is then it doesn't make sense as you say, unless it's the interior spec that someone is looking for; wheels are easier to change. It's not like there was any performance or visual change between the models to set them apart.

I quite like the 18" wheels and to be honest with the roads as they are it's probably a better ride than the 20". Each to their own I guess.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 2nd September 2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
When you think what a 'Final Edition' really is then it doesn't make sense as you say, unless it's the interior spec that someone is looking for; wheels are easier to change. It's not like there was any performance or visual change between the models to set them apart.

I quite like the 18" wheels and to be honest with the roads as they are it's probably a better ride than the 20". Each to their own I guess.
Good luck with the viewing. Be interested to know how it goes. If you get a decent price I might have to put mine up!

Old 3rd September 2022, 10:22 AM

I find with people looking to knock you down before viewing, they're often working on the basis that if they're travelling a long way and then enter into negotiation on the spot, the seller has you 'over a barrel' as they know if you're interested you won't want to go home empty handed, so better to negotiate before travelling IF you think there's room for movement.

I'm excluding really stupid offers from that perspective, obviously. From a buyer's perspective if the condition matches the description, and you're happy with the advert price, there shouldn't really be much to quibble over, give or take a few hundred quid.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 6th September 2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
when quizzed on that, simply means he wants one on 20s rather than purple seats.
Purple seats. NOW We're talking!!!!

Is it wrong, that for the most part I prefer smaller wheels?

Better comfort, economy, cheaper and easier to get tyres for, less show.

I've always loved the 8's for their sleeper qualities anyway. Park them anywhere and most people just see a big audi, put your foot down and they're WAIT what happened there

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)
Old 7th September 2022, 10:37 AM

Someone will be getting a bargain with this soon. I really need to sell as moving away and don't want to pay €2k a year road tax in Ireland (that'll be for each car too).

Any offer above £5k will likely have this car sold.

Old 8th September 2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
Any offer above £5k will likely have this car sold.
I suspect you'd rather see the car sold to someone who would look after it, but since your need to sell it promptly is warranted, have you considered seeing what carwow would offer for the car? They're probably like the other 'we buy any car' companies, but at least you don't have to accept their offer.

BTW What part of the Emerald Isle are you heading for, as you'd enjoy the comfort of the S8 if ever planning on doing the Wild Atlantic Way?

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 8th September 2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I suspect you'd rather see the car sold to someone who would look after it, but since your need to sell it promptly is warranted, have you considered seeing what carwow would offer for the car? They're probably like the other 'we buy any car' companies, but at least you don't have to accept their offer.

BTW What part of the Emerald Isle are you heading for, as you'd enjoy the comfort of the S8 if ever planning on doing the Wild Atlantic Way?
Ideally yes, looks like I may have a buyer coming early next week which is good. We'll be moving to Co. Wexford or Co. Carlow area depending on what's available just have to be able to get to Dublin a couple of times a week.

I would have loved to keep the car, it would have been great for the WAW but in reality it won't get the use to justify the expense. I may be back again in a few years when the children are older.

Old 15th September 2022, 08:32 AM

Now sold. I'm going to miss the car, it's probably been the best and most reliable car I've had

I'm sure the new owner will look after it, he may even join the forum.