A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 16th June 2016, 11:34 AM

Default How good is this forum!

I have recently joined a forum for Freelander2 owners (having acquired one). I dutifully watched what was going on on the forum for a while before posting. I noticed that the "Technical section" was just that - no sub division into engine, transmission, suspension, electrical etc - just a big dump of miscellaneous, often misposted stuff. Posts in an "OffTopic" thread section were huge. Posts i made about issues such as gearbox servicing, Haldex unit oil/filters changes (both "sealed for life" units) were often ignored by nearly everyone except for one or two. However, one "offtopic" thread about a Labrador having a stroke ran and ran.. and ran.
When in one thread someone asked advice about things to look for when buying a Freel2 it mainly seemed to focus on the ability of different dog breeds to get into the back. When I (quite politely) expressed amused concern that this was a major criteria in choosing a car I was accused of being an internet troll or just plain stupid by one outraged (labrador) owner and for not appreciating that a dog was part of the family. I just about resisted asking whether he meant that he was married to a dog but just left it at that. What a bunch!
I quickly return to this forum for some sanity and technical expertise!
Old 16th June 2016, 12:23 PM

OI! Trolly McTrollface.. you having a go at us Labrador owners?

Though, yes.. there are some very differing levels of support on the forums out there. There's a great one I use for the X5, with loads of info and helpful guys but you do need to do a lot of digging usually, and it's incredibly US-centric.

I know.. I know..

Old 16th June 2016, 12:59 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
one "offtopic" thread about a Labrador having a stroke ran and ran.. and ran.
I thought you meant the Labrador for a minute there.

I was going to say .... in circles, presumably?

Sorry, bad taste. Couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
OI! Trolly McTrollface
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 16th June 2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
However, one "offtopic" thread about a Labrador having a stroke ran and ran.. and ran.
It's not appropriate for a Freelander forum, the best thing for that surely would be an ex military landy with the pioneer tools on, so you could smash the dog over the head with the pick axe handle and bury it with the shovel.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grn109c.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	13620  

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 16th June 2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's not appropriate for a Freelander forum, the best thing for that surely would be an ex military landy with the pioneer tools on, so you could smash the dog over the head with the pick axe handle and bury it with the shovel.
They would have a fit if i posted that - and Marks contribution would certainly have raised their hackles (once you start you cant stop)!!!

..... and, as for having a go at Lab owners, that wouldnt be fair. I dislike ALL dogs.

N.B. Pse dont let this thread grow into a Freel2 dogfest. Admin pse delete when more than 20 posts!
Old 16th June 2016, 02:45 PM

A hate-crime against the trans-species community?