A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 8th October 2016, 03:16 PM

Thanks for that MJ. I will check right now. I checked The Lairds 20" lower control arms this pm and.... no part number stamped on them OR makers name so that wasnt a help. My guess is that my 155 arms are the 20".

If you are still going to ADI at Castle Combe I will be there too so if you come "armed" with a pair of arms we can, perhaps come to some mutually agreeaable arrangement.

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 13th October 2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Changed AID into ADI :)
Old 8th October 2016, 03:50 PM

...and yes, the steering knuckle /hub carrier is rusty steel , hence I guess the large taper pins on the 155s I currently have fitted.
Old 8th October 2016, 04:09 PM

Ok then. That explains the larger pins. Good

The next bit of interesting info is that I have here a pair of 155P large-pin arms which I took off my B5 A4. They are dimensionally identical to the small-pin arms used on everything with alloy hubs. From that I deduce there is no difference between them, and the 'special' 20" arms are really just the same as B5, C5 and PF D2 with steel hubs.

I am amazed the aftermarket haven't figured that out

These are what would fit on the car I took the 155P arms off:

PAIR-MEYLE-HD-Front-Lower-Forward-Suspension-Control-Arms-Audi-A4-B5-8D-1995-01

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 8th October 2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 8th October 2016, 04:34 PM

Well, from what can be seen from the picture they appear to have the slightly fatter taper pin and seem to be the right part...and they are from Murrays direct where I got the others from ..and £10 cheaper (which kinda makes up for the cost of posting the others back!

I will talk to Murrays on monday. I need to get this right as I owe my garage an hours labour for taking off and re-fitting the current ones