A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 29th September 2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Nice work David!

Looks great

Of course this means you'll now have a compelling urge to get the rest of the engine looking so clean and new

This reminds me I must get around to painting and fitting the brand new manifold I bought ages ago. When, that is, my car is back on the road and I've finished paying the King's ransom for all the mechanical work I've been having done lately (more on that long story soon, and why my car is presently 200 miles away in Glasgow ...).
I thought that the rest of the bay WAS looking pretty clean and new If your car is in Glasgow do you want the present manifold refurbbed??? Good price!
Old 29th September 2016, 12:30 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I thought that the rest of the bay WAS looking pretty clean and new If your car is in Glasgow do you want the present manifold refurbbed??? Good price!
haha

You could visit it if you like, maybe take it a bunch of grapes (or whatever the vehicular equivalent is). It's having major surgery at a little place in Tollcross you may have heard of.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 29th September 2016, 12:52 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
haha

You could visit it if you like, maybe take it a bunch of grapes (or whatever the vehicular equivalent is). It's having major surgery at a little place in Tollcross you may have heard of.
Oh no! Not the 'box?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 29th September 2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
haha

Bottle of Lifeguard 5? How long are they going to have it in for?

I shall be going there soon with a LR Freeelander with an Aisin autobox which needs its first service at 54k (Its a non-service item according to LR. Now where have we heard that before??)
Old 29th September 2016, 03:58 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Oh no! Not the 'box?
'fraid so.

I'll post about it soon in another thread and explain further, rather than hijacking David's thread .... but I decided, after 6+ years of ownership and a few signs of transmission trouble, it was time for a remanufacture. On the plus side, I asked them to take photos of the entire process, which they kindly agreed to, so I have some great photos to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
How long are they going to have it in for?

Well, last Wednesday (about 5am), I drove 200 miles there, dropped the car off, had a little tour of their facilities, then drove 200 miles back (in their courtesy car). By the end of last week, they had sent me photos of my box in hundreds of pieces. As this week progressed they had cleaned the casing, received all the replacement parts and started rebuilding it. I think it's now fully reassembled and waiting to be tested and refitted. The plan is to drive back up (5am again) next Wednesday, all being well.

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 29th September 2016, 05:26 PM

Well done David, fantastic result

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 2nd February 2017, 04:53 PM

Wonder how close this is to the setup on the v6's of the same age...